Bodybuilding Template Arm GPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilding Template Arm GPP

Just to clarify, on block 1 of the bodybuilding template, are the bicep and tricep exercises both done twice per week? For example are tricep extensions and pushdowns each done twice or is one day extensions and one day pushdowns?

It's 4-days per week of arm work.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Hey Jordan I think that is contradicting what you wrote here, could you please clarify exactly how many times per week each exercise should be done?

https://forum.barbellmedicine.com/fo...on-bb-template

For example, how many times per week should the E-Z bar triceps extension exercise be done?

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake99 View Post
        Hey Jordan I think that is contradicting what you wrote here, could you please clarify exactly how many times per week each exercise should be done?

https://forum.barbellmedicine.com/fo...on-bb-template

For example, how many times per week should the E-Z bar triceps extension exercise be done?
        Yea I wasn't clear what he was asking and assuming he was coming from zero direct arm work previously. I should have clarified what the template said prior to answering.

To answer your question directly, I would do triceps extensions twice per week for 3 sets a piece. If you haven't been doing any arm week, just do it once per week.
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Understood, thanks!

next question…how would this look like practically?

Currently I am on the BB template and devoting 2 days/week for the GPP work. Do you recommend doing all arm work on those two days (both triceps and both biceps exercises each GPP session) or spreading them across other days of the week?

Comment

You could combine them on 2 days or spread them out to 4 days. At this level of volume, frequency doesn't really matter and is more of a personal preference thing.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense but what about when you get to Block 3? Last time I ran the template I found it almost impossible to complete the level of GPP arm work in one session.

Comment

May I ask why?

Comment

Working...
                X