Trap bar deadlift Grip issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap bar deadlift Grip issue

I have been using the trap bar deadlift for a while with great success. But since going back to college, the facilities there have them but without any knurling. I have tried using chalk as always but still can't seem to get a grip. Any idea on how I can still get a grip and be able to complete the lifts. Thanks.

Ah yes, the memory of my college gym brings back visions of baby-bottom-smooth barbells. Woof. In any case, straps would be the move here.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

which ones would you recommend I get?

Comment

Originally posted by eazye2248 View Post
        which ones would you recommend I get?
        I like the IronMind Sew-EZ straps.
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

these will work with the trap bar as well?

Comment

• The Average Lifter
            The Average Lifter commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably too well for your liking. Have a handyman ready to cut the straps off, 'cos that trap bar ain't gonna let you go.

Originally posted by eazye2248 View Post
          these will work with the trap bar as well?
          Can confirm.

Comment

I can now confirm after using them for the first time that damn the trap bar didnt want to leave my hand. I was able to get 295 which was what I intended

Comment

Working...
            X