Running Hypertrophy I back to back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Hypertrophy I back to back

I just started Hypertrophy I and am thinking ahead to how this will interact with my next block of training. Probably thinking too far ahead, but that's what I do.

I have not done Hypertrophy style sets and reps in the 2.5 years I have been barbell training, mostly low rep strength focused to this point. I am not well conditioned for the higher reps, one motivation to start this program is to improve this.

Considering running Hypertrophy I in a slight calorie deficit to improve overall fitness and hopefully trim a bit of extra weight around the midsection, and maybe see some size gains given the program is novel to me, we'll see. If the first block goes well I am thinking I would run it again in a slight calorie surplus, to try to maximize size gains, and be in a better conditioned state as well, and a better understanding of weight and RPE for higher rep sets.

Does this seem like a reasonable way to run this, or would I likely just end up in the same place after 20 weeks if I just ran the program at maintenance or some other calorie level.
    I am 38 y/o male
    5' 10"
    188 lb
    ~38" waist measurement

You could run it back-to-back if you like irrespective of energy balance, provided you responded well to it the first time through.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
    X