This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tracking %-based backoffs

In the template tracking logs, how do you guys track the percentage-based backoff sets in something like the 12-week program? The first 2-3 backoffs feel about like a 6 or 6.5 in the first week, but the log note says only to track RPE 7 and above?

Side note: maybe an RPE ~6 means my [email protected] is more like @7?

I just end up logging all of them with their respective RPE. If you take 18% or so off the 1 @ 8, you're working in RPE 6-7 territory for sets <7 reps (approximately). That said, we're just getting in volume with that kind of prescription.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Thanks for the response, and for the template! The volume has felt awesome at this moderate intensity! Almost GPP'ish as I'm able to keep rest intervals at around 2.5 to 3 minutes. As such the workouts are much quicker than I thought they would be.

Would you say this 12-week template most accurately represents your training philosophy for strength gainz over the other templates?

Comment

Originally posted by Euby View Post
        Thanks for the response, and for the template! The volume has felt awesome at this moderate intensity! Almost GPP'ish as I'm able to keep rest intervals at around 2.5 to 3 minutes. As such the workouts are much quicker than I thought they would be.
        Very glad to hear it. This seems to be the common experience, among people willing to give these methods a try.

Originally posted by Euby View Post
        Would you say this 12-week template most accurately represents your training philosophy for strength gainz over the other templates?
        Yep.
        IG / YT

Comment

Working...
        X