Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertrophy for Strength

Dear coaches,

Just finished listening to the podcast with Eric Helms so had a question about chronological order for running templates. I know it's difficult to predict which template will work best for an individual and based on the podcast the data isn't there to suggest that hypertrophy gains must precede strength gains. But I would like some suggestions based on your experience anyway.

Currently running PB2 at a body weight of 168lbs and cutting weight to reach 160lbs. [email protected]'s are Squat 285, DL 345, Bench 190. Starting next year, I want to go on a slow weight gain diet and build strength over a year and peak at the end of 2022. My priority is strength, not hypertrophy. Considering such a long timescale, would it be best to first run the hypertrophy/powerbuilding templates? Or, since strength is the priority, should I directly run the strength templates?

Thanks.

Originally posted by VK18 View Post
    Dear coaches,

Just finished listening to the podcast with Eric Helms so had a question about chronological order for running templates. I know it's difficult to predict which template will work best for an individual and based on the podcast the data isn't there to suggest that hypertrophy gains must precede strength gains. But I would like some suggestions based on your experience anyway.

Currently running PB2 at a body weight of 168lbs and cutting weight to reach 160lbs. [email protected]'s are Squat 285, DL 345, Bench 190. Starting next year, I want to go on a slow weight gain diet and build strength over a year and peak at the end of 2022. My priority is strength, not hypertrophy. Considering such a long timescale, would it be best to first run the hypertrophy/powerbuilding templates? Or, since strength is the priority, should I directly run the strength templates?

Thanks.

I think if your priority is strength, a strength-focused template would be ideal and the training is sufficient to drive enough hypertrophy to improve strength....to the extent the two things are correlated.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
    X