Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge Updates

Hi Jordan/Austin,

Recently re-downloaded the Bridge 3.0 with the updated template. I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

1. It looks like the overall squat volume is lower and the pulling volume higher, what's the reason for this change? Does the extra pulling volume 'make up' for the slightly less squat volume?

2. Why sets of 10 on the Block Pulls?

3. This week, on the 2nd squat workout, the first set of [email protected] felt closer to a 9 - possibly related to stress outside the gym. Last week I squatted the same weight and it felt like a comfortable RPE 8. I'm on week 3, so perhaps the additional set on the 1st squat workout this week has caused more fatigue + the outside gym stress. Due to the fact the 2nd squat set of [email protected] felt closer to a 9, I dropped the back off sets by 8% instead of 5%.

4. When do I add weight? Or, shall I base all 9 weeks of training off of my previous 1RM's that I used to calculate the weights for the first week.

Thanks again!

Tom

Originally posted by tom-bryant View Post
    Hi Jordan/Austin,

Recently re-downloaded the Bridge 3.0 with the updated template. I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

1. It looks like the overall squat volume is lower and the pulling volume higher, what's the reason for this change? Does the extra pulling volume 'make up' for the slightly less squat volume?

2. Why sets of 10 on the Block Pulls?

3. This week, on the 2nd squat workout, the first set of [email protected] felt closer to a 9 - possibly related to stress outside the gym. Last week I squatted the same weight and it felt like a comfortable RPE 8. I'm on week 3, so perhaps the additional set on the 1st squat workout this week has caused more fatigue + the outside gym stress. Due to the fact the 2nd squat set of [email protected] felt closer to a 9, I dropped the back off sets by 8% instead of 5%.

4. When do I add weight? Or, shall I base all 9 weeks of training off of my previous 1RM's that I used to calculate the weights for the first week.

Thanks again!

Tom
    1) The volume of work sets hasn't really changed, but eliminating some of the prescribed warm up sets may make it look like that. Yes, all lower body volume contributes to lower body development.

2) Why not? It's a supplemental exercise and is very versatile.

3) I'm not sure what the Q is here, but I'd plan to stick to the RPE and if you overshoot, yes you'll have to take more off the barbell.

4) When your warm ups suggest that you can complete the rep scheme at the desired RPE with more weight, I'd plan on adding weight.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Thanks, Jordan.

Comment

• doubblezz
        doubblezz commented
        Editing a comment
        tom, when was this updated... I don't think i've downloaded the bridge3 since 2019. I didn't think there had been any updates!?

Doubblezz, this template was just updated in the last few weeks. You can access that with your origianal purchase pink or account.

Leah

Comment

Working...
      X