Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoregulating Volume for Conditioning

Hi Jordan and Austin,

I was wondering about how one could autoregulate volume of conditioning bouts. Have you tried autoregulating volume for conditioning or could you point me in the right direction? A short google search proofed inconclusive.

All the best
    Steve

What do you mean by autoregulating volume, exactly?

Conditioning work can be prescribed a bunch of different ways, e.g. by pace, time, distance, etc. All of these can be autoregulated using RPE.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Say I plan to run for 30 min at RPE 7. RPE would autoregulate how fast I run. I am interested in autoregulating the time spent running. e.g. running 20 min @7 on a bad day or 35 min @7 on a good day.

Comment

You could pick a tempo or pace and an RPE, then go as far/long as you can there.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion! I will give it some thought if it makes sense to include it in my training.

Comment

Working...
          X