Programing after beginner template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programing after beginner template

I am currently in phase three of the beginner template and will probably soon be close to running out of gains in it. I am also a baseball pitcher and want to be able to still do barbell training but focus on more overall strength development. At the same time, I would be doing all the necessary activities for my sport outside of the weight room. The weight room stuff would be for just getting stronger in general which has helped me stay heathy on the field. Hope this helps.

I think the general s/c template would be where I'd go after the beginner template for you.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Would the bridge be applicable just to get my body used to more intermediate programming? Or, should just jump right in to general strength and conditioning?

Comment

The bridge is meant for people coming from programs that are missing a number of important elements (in our opinion) for long term development, e.g. we're "bridging the gap" to a different program. I don't think you need that
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

out of curiosity what would those elements be for a trainee that you think they are missing for long term development?

Comment

Originally posted by eazye2248 View Post
            out of curiosity what would those elements be for a trainee that you think they are missing for long term development?
            Depends on the program, but a good program would have, at a minimum:

1) Significant variety in movement, rep scheme, and intensity to drive a wide range of adaptations, e.g. building a base by loading all the major muscle groups through a relatively large range of motion at an intensity and proximity to failure that's somewhat uncomfortable
            2) Autoregulation
            3) Conditioning to start approaching, meet, or exceed the current guidelines

Comment

Working...
            X