Uneven thigh size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneven thigh size

After about a year of lifting with SS, I am in week 4 of the beginner template. I noticed that my right thigh is bigger than my left thigh. That is probably because I had ACL reconstruction on my left knee several years ago. I'm looking for suggestions about increasing the size of my left thigh. Perhaps split squats or Bulgarian squats? how do I incorporate them to the program in the template?

While size differences alone are not typically concerning, your history of an ACL repair in the past means that rehabilitating to better limb symmetry in terms of strength is a bit more important. (This is discussed in much more detail here, although the piece is a bit science-heavy). I would pick a single-leg quad exercise (e.g., single-leg knee extension, leg press, or split squat) and compare the loads you can handle on each side for a set of, say, 8 reps to 8 RPE. If these loads are within 10% of one another, you're good to go. If not, you can continue training that movement 1-2x per week in addition to the programmed work in the template, to reach that point.
    IG / YT

Comment

Working...
    X