Second thoughts on template path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second thoughts on template path

I decided to do pb1 while still on phase 1 of the BT in Nov because it felt less intimidating than other templates. I was still unfamiliar with most big 3 variations, singles, and rpe. I also weighed 155lbs at 6ft so I needed to bulk up.

I am now 165lbs and the last 2 BT phases helped ease a lot of my concerns.

My current goals are primarily to get stronger and stay as lean as possible as I continue a moderate surplus. Getting bigger/ gaining weight isn't that important to me as long as my numbers improve.

Having said that should I switch over from pb1 (about to start week 3) to the strength1 template? I figured running strength1, maybe repeating it, and then trying pb1 for a potential cut afterwards would be a good plan.

Jose,

Thanks for the post. The biggest questions to answer here would be, 1) How have your results been on the PB I template and, 2) How would you rate your enjoyment of the template so far? So, what do you think?

-Jordan
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

• Josebnls
      Josebnls commented
      Editing a comment
      I have only completed the first 2 weeks of PB1 so it's too early to rate results. I do think I would enjoy the template especially the 2nd half.

I only started the template because I bought it a while back. I don't regret buying it because I know I will run it eventually. I'm just wondering if I should buy strength1 now since it aligns more with my current goals or if the order which I choose doesn't ultimately matter in the grand scheme of lifting things.

I don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things, but strength I is definitely more strength-focused than PB I. So, I'd really just leave it up to you here.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
    X