X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aconnolly
    replied
    Thanks Leah for the quick response! I will give that a go, trying to keep in mind that this is a supplemental lift. Fatigue also makes sense, as I used to perform rack pulls with much higher weight, but they were the primary lift of the day (poor self-programming back then).

And thanks to Dr. Baraki for his advice a couple weeks ago regarding my abdominal cramps, I belted up for my supplemental lifts for the next week as per his advice and everything cleared up! By the time I went to thank him the thread was closed.

Leave a comment:

• Leah Lutz
    replied
    Hi there! It sounds like you are working with too much weight for your rack pulls from the get go. Based on these experiences, it seems unlikely that your 315x7 was a true 8, meaning you definitely had two more reps in you. I drop the weight on all those working sets so you can get the volume in with no misses. Don't assume it should be a percentage of your regular DL, and remember that this is a supplemental lift, so you are likely performing this movement with more training fatigue as well.

Leave a comment:

• Aconnolly
    started a topic Trouble with Rack Pulls

Trouble with Rack Pulls

Good afternoon,

This morning I completed W3 D1 of The Bridge 1.0 and have been having great results so far. I feel that I have a good grasp now of RPE on most of my lifts, with he possible exception of rackpulls.

Today I did:
    [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] (Last two sets as you know where supposed to be [email protected])

I had a similar experience last week, where I went up slightly in weight for my first set @8 and failed to get all of my reps, dropped the weight back to (or slightly below) my @7 weight and performed even fewer reps. This seems odd to me because I am working with ~10-15% less weight than I do with my deadlifts for similar volume/intensity.

This may be consult territory, in which case, I understand if there isn't an easy answer. But I was wondering if some people just can't tolerate this much DL/DL-variation volume... maybe I could set the pins 1 notch higher... or maybe I am just blowing RPE on my initial worksets on this particular exercise (I know, more of a theory than a question).

Your input is appreciated.
Working...
X