X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clusters sets instead of singles @8

Hi,

I created my own 12 week block for powerlifting and use the [email protected] for the main movements.
    I used some ideas from RTS, the Bridge and some other templates. I am a late intermediate, and progress is not as fast anymore.

Weeks 1 - 4 , volume block, consisting of [email protected] for the main movements and then 5/6 sets * 4/5 reps (70/72%) with some high stress weeks. The secondary movements are done at higher intensities based on the RPE chart with the same reps and sets like the main movement and about 10% load drop.

Week 5 - 8, strength block, consisting of [email protected] for the main movements and then 4/5 sets * 4/5 reps (77/80%) with some high stress weeks. The secondary movements are done at higher intensities based on the RPE chart with the same reps and sets like the main movement and about 7/8% load drop.

Week 9 - 12, power block, consisting of [email protected] for the main movements and then 4 sets * 3/2 reps (82/85%). The secondary movements are done at higher intensities based on the RPE chart with the same reps and sets like the main movement and about 5/6% load drop.

My technique improved and bench went well (shoulder injury healed up). However i found the weights the last four weeks to be quite heavy.

- did i make my volume and strength block to long?
    - are cluster sets and idea to be implemented in the strength block, so i can better refine my technique and work at higher intensities? (never done them)

Thanks.

We don't really know enough about you to be helpful here.

4-week blocks are not inherently "too long", no. And you'll have to specifically define what you mean by "cluster sets".
    IG / YT

Comment

Working...
    X