Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training frequency

Hello Team,

I have 2 training questions. First, I wonder what is meant by Hip Extensions in the low fatigue template? It says to do 3 sets of 6-10 reps per side. When I google hip extensions I get a handful of different exercises.

Second- I've been running the low fatigue 3-day template. I work out in my garage. My partner has taken an interest in doing the bench exercises with me. She is sort of on the "bro" program- she is really only interested in building her upper body. I am hoping this will be the gateway to full body training but in the meantime, strengthening her upper body is better than nothing I would assume? She can lift Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays because of her work schedule. I know the ideal would be something like Mon, Wed, Fri but given she will only lift on Sat, Sun and Mon, do you think lifting all 3 days is better than lifting just Saturday and Monday and having a rest period between the 2 days? Her goals are to build size and strength in her pecs, arms and back.

Lindsay

Hip extensions are sometimes also called "back extensions", but I call them hip extensions since I'm not really looking for a lot of lumbar, thoracic, and cervical flexion and extension. We had a bunch of unilateral stuff that people can plug-in there, which is why it says "per side."

For the second question, yes, some RT is better than no RT and Sat/Sun/Mon is fine- preferred even- compared to not lifting. I'd probably do something like:

Sat:
    Main horizontal Press
    Supplemental Row
    Triceps Accessory

Sun:
    Main Row
    Supplemental Press
    Biceps Accessory

Monday:
    Main Vertical Press
    Supplemental Row
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Periā„¢ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
    X