Upper Back GPP in Hypertrophy I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Back GPP in Hypertrophy I

Hello, is upper back GPP just like abs GPP where you time it for 7-8 minutes and do as many sets in 30 second intervals? Or is it just straight sets when it says 2 sets 12-20 reps? Can it be any upper back movement like machine, db and cable rows?

When it says straight sets, I'd do it like that. If/when it's written as an AMRAP, I'd do it like that. Yes, you can pick any upper back movement you prefer.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Thanks Jordan, is it OK to also include some back extension work in the program along with main Hip Hinge? I've been having some low back pain (always when I come back to barbell RDLs) and doing trap bar RDLs for the meantime. The slot for supplemental pull is taken by Pullups since I like doing them so much. I don't want erector spinal to get weak.

Comment

I don't think your erectors are in any danger of detraining. I'd put any work for them in the GPP trunk work rather than taking up a specific RT slot.
        Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
        ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Working...
        X