This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So....

If I moved all my training equipment into the basement of my new 92 year old house this weekend, then there was record rainfall which flooded the old drain system which now needs to be replaced for $7000 and then today the main sewer system clogged up and sent backflow of neighborhood poop pieces flowing out of the basement toilet and my rack is sitting over on the corner disassembled and I can't use the garage because the stuff that should be in the basement is out there ....
    is it okay if I don't train this week.
    Last edited by MorganIsm; 04-05-2018, 06:14 AM. Reason: Typos
    Keep Getting Stronger!

If it were me, I'd find a gym to drop into ...

... but hey, you're an adult! Do what you want
    IG / YT

Comment

Hahaha you inspire me, I will go to the Y.
      Keep Getting Stronger!

Comment

One thing that I have learned (the hard way) over the last 9-10 months since I first ran the Bridge 1.0 isn't that I am an intensity-dependent master, but that I am a CONSISTENCY-dependent LIFTER. If I skip doing a session (without making it up), I pay for it with lack of progress at minimum. If I skip a couple sessions in couple weeks it might bring on a stall that is hard to get over depending on where it falls inside the mesocycle. It might even mean I slide backwards.

I do everything possible to NOT miss days, but when I do I have learned to make up that missed day on the next day, even if it means I don't start until late at night, or if I have to get up a 5 am, or if it means I lift 3 days in a row as a result. All of that is better than skipping sessions.

Comment

I mean, what are you going to do, not train?

Comment

When my workouts fall on a holiday and my regular gym is closed (like this past Easter Sunday) I just pay for a day pass at a 24/7 gym in the area to get my workout in. Don't miss a workout if you don't have to.
            Training Log

Comment

MorganIsm ... Oh man tough break with your basement. I actually had a similar situation but it was kind of a blessing for me if you can believe it. I happened to have an extra rider on my insurance policy so my entire basement was completely redone, I was able to purge the "stuff" I didn't want AND instead of replacing all the "stuff", I used the insurance money and I put in my own gym in my basement. It is amazing to have and I am thankful it worked out so well. Sending good positive vibes your way that things will work out well. In the mean time...enjoy the Y.

Comment

You all are relentless!
                I got a membership for at least a month. If you go at 5am there isn't really anyone there and they have enough equipment so it works.
                Keep Getting Stronger!

Comment

Working...
                X