This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in Life Conditions and its effects on training

HI BBM thanks for all the info you put out we really appreciate it. So i have aquestion, I Finally finished my military service and hope this will help my gym goals but dont know how go to forward: The past 10 months ive started to train however due to suboptimal conditions serving in the IDF (lack of sleep aand nutrition) ive basically been spinning my wheels on SSLP, not gaining bw or much weight on the bar:
    lifts (for 3x5) are: - started at empty bar
    Squat 65kg, Bench 56kg, Deadlift 72.5kg,Press 36kg.
    at a bodyweight of only 53kg @170cm (5'4) - from 51kg.
    I moved to the bridge and im now mid program and just last week ive finished my service and finally im gaining weight steadly and sleeping like i should! however programming wise im not sure what to do:
    a) Restart NLP all over.
    b) Redo the bridge only
    c) Move on the the more advanced templates:HLM, GPP Hypertrophy etc...
    Again thanks alot for everything you put out, it really helped improve my quality of life!
    ​​​​​Greetings from
    ​​​​​ israel
    ​​​​​

Reuven,

Congrats on finishing your service and thanks for joining us here.

For this situation, I'd probably just keep running the bridge and add weight to the bar as regularly as you can, which is actually how I'd have anybody else run the program too, lol. I'd repeat it for a second run immediately after as well.
    Barbell Medicine "With you from bench to bedside"
    ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

Thanks jordan! Its awsome getting some direction and that definitely makes sense! Again I really appreciate all content you guys put out!

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
        Reuven,

Congrats on finishing your service and thanks for joining us here.

For this situation, I'd probably just keep running the bridge and add weight to the bar as regularly as you can, which is actually how I'd have anybody else run the program too, lol. I'd repeat it for a second run immediately after as well.
        Jordan, I'm not as experient as you, but, according to what I have already seen you say in podcast and instagram lives, I don't believe this guy should be doing the bridge. As he said, he is 1,70 cm tall and is weighting 50Kg(110lbs), which would put him as an underweight person. I believe what he needs is to be eating as much as he can and doing the SSLP again. As you guys said, the Bridge is an intermediate program for persons that have already finished the SSLP, with an 65Kg squat, has he really finished his LP? Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Other thing I want to know. One just finished the bridge, should him just repeat it right away or should him take one week off and them repeat?

Comment

The thing is I'm not sure if the rate of weight gain that will occur with him would actually allow for SSLP to work and I think in a year's time, it won't matter either way.

I don't think I'd recommend a week off.
          ///Website /// Instagram /// Peri™ Rx /// Whey Rx /// Barbell Medicine Podcast/// Newsletter /// Seminars ///

Comment

The thing is I'm not sure if the rate of weight gain that will occur with him would actually allow for SSLP to work and I think in a year's time, it won't matter either way.

I don't think I'd recommend a week off.
            Why do you think his rate of weight gain would not allow for SSLP? I believe, according to you "To Be a Beast article", he would be one of the persons where GOMAD would be recomended. With GOMAD and eating other things, wouldn't he be able to do the SSLP? And, Why in a year's time it wouldn't matter?

Comment

Originally posted by VictorViana View Post

Why do you think his rate of weight gain would not allow for SSLP? I believe, according to you "To Be a Beast article", he would be one of the persons where GOMAD would be recomended. With GOMAD and eating other things, wouldn't he be able to do the SSLP? And, Why in a year's time it wouldn't matter?
              I don't want to nocebo this guy so I'm going to couch a lot of what I'm saying here.

Not everyone responds to SSLP the same. Not everyone will do GOMAD and gain a lot of LBM (history is important here) and SSLP represents 1/4 of the year. The next 3/4 of the year is much more important training wise, in my opinion.

Could you argue he could do GOMAD and SSLP to good effect? Sure, but I would expect him to have already done that or tried and he hasn't soooo....

Comment

I am starting to stuff in as much food as possible and like i said im finally gaining weight,I really hate to be that skinny guy doing advanced programs with redeicilous weight and that's what kept me on SSLP so long just spinning my wheels, but anyway from what i now understand from bbm material i might as you say be able to sqeeze somemore out of lp now being in better lifestyle conditions however, the 20 or pounds increase (or w/e) may not be worth sticking to this program as oppose to increasing my work capacity, getting better at autoregulation etc witch sets me up toward better long term progress + even if im still a novice since bridge useses RPE i can still increase lifts in relation to my rate of progress?
                i kind of have mixed thought about my situation aswell, that why i reached out for help on this forum
                and yeah GOMAD is the Shit!

Comment

I don't want to nocebo this guy so I'm going to couch a lot of what I'm saying here.

Not everyone responds to SSLP the same. Not everyone will do GOMAD and gain a lot of LBM (history is important here) and SSLP represents 1/4 of the year. The next 3/4 of the year is much more important training wise, in my opinion.

Could you argue he could do GOMAD and SSLP to good effect? Sure, but I would expect him to have already done that or tried and he hasn't soooo....
                  I understand now. Thanks for the answers Jordan, keep up with the good work!

Comment

Working...
                  X