This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myorep warmup

Doing the hypertrophy template and have a few questions about Myoreps.

1) How I should be doing warmups for Myoreps. I started by mostly guessing where it should be with the RPE calculator, then after that adjusting based on the last workout. I didn't think I should be warmup up with sets of 14-16 but maybe I should be.
    2) When the prescribed reps is 14-16, is it better to be on the 14 side of things or 16? Being on the 14 side of things typically means more volume/tonnage b/c I get more of the following sets of 3-5 in before missing the initial rep count, so maybe thats better?
    3) There's no number of sets recommended, so I take that to mean just 1 set of 14-16 plus the backoff sets.. is this correct?

Thanks!

Originally posted by torkins View Post
    Doing the hypertrophy template and have a few questions about Myoreps.
    1) How I should be doing warmups for Myoreps. I started by mostly guessing where it should be with the RPE calculator, then after that adjusting based on the last workout. I didn't think I should be warmup up with sets of 14-16 but maybe I should be.

You are correct. Estimating and adjusting from prior sessions is fine. Doesn't have to be absolutely perfect accuracy to get the desired effect.

2) When the prescribed reps is 14-16, is it better to be on the 14 side of things or 16? Being on the 14 side of things typically means more volume/tonnage b/c I get more of the following sets of 3-5 in before missing the initial rep count, so maybe thats better?
    I don't think one or the other is necessarily "better". Again, doesn't have to be absolutely perfect accuracy to get the desired effect.

3) There's no number of sets recommended, so I take that to mean just 1 set of 14-16 plus the backoff sets.. is this correct?
    Correct, until you are unable to repeat the same number of reps on the back-offs.
    IG / YT

Comment

Working...
    X