Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dhruv4
    replied
    What program are you on? Could be too much volume that you can’t recover from and or form related issues.

Leave a comment:

• t_angeiras
    replied
    Standard recommendation I've seen here is to find a weight/variant that allows you to exercise withou pain.

With regular bench and press, is there a weight that allows you to train without having to fight the pain?

Leave a comment:

• JordanW
    replied
    Just worked out and tried the plug and play 5% + for 1 rep on bench and my shoulders gave out. The only way I could bench and press today was using a Swiss bar - neutral grip.

Shit

Leave a comment:

• JordanW
    replied
    Novice now for about 1.5 months. It all started on a press where the last rep I had to push press it up and after that it just went down hill from there. Both shoulders are tender especially after bench. I've checked my form on all aspects to the best of my knowledge and don't feel thats it.

I did play college volleyball and rotator cuff injuries plagued my career.

Leave a comment:

• sjalbrec
    replied
    The standard answer here is that you need to get your form checked. In theory, if you are doing bench/press correctly, you shouldn't get shoulder pain.

Not sure where you are in your programming? When I started to stall on SSNLP I was doing PRs every week and ended at 3 sets of 5 at 305. When i was grinding PRs, my form would tend to break down and i started to get pain in my right shoulder. Since i switched to BBM programing (for example, the Bridge) using RPE, my shoulder pain has stopped. When you are lifting 70% to 90% of your 1RM, you can maintain form.
    Last edited by sjalbrec; 06-22-2018, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JordanW
    started a topic Shoulder Help

Shoulder Help

Teammates,

Shoulders have been clicking and front deltoids have been pretty sore for the past 1.5 weeks. I have no issues raising my arms, but it's been stalling my progress on press's and bench.
    I've been doing all the goofy rotator cuff exercises with bands everyday and that's done sweet F all.

Thoughts are rear deltoids are stiff so I need to implement some sort of stretching, or stop 2" short on my bench press, or use a swiss bar to switch the angle of my grip to save the shoulders, or all of the above.

Curious what has worked for you guys because from what I'm seeing it's a pretty common thing.

Cheers
Working...
X