Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solutions for Groin and Lower Abdominal Pain

Hey all,

I have been dealing with groin pain for the past 4-5 months. It has recently developed into some lower abdominal/testicular pain as well. This all started back in November when I started to feel some pain in my left adductor while squatting. I could usually warm up and it would go away, but one day it just stopped. I decided to stretch it and rest it, but to no avail. Lots of soft tissue work also did not help.

I know "sports hernia" and "athletic pubaligia" are very broad terms, but my symptoms seem to be consistent with these terms. I have been working with a PT, but he seems to think it is a groin strain (even though it came about gradually). I guess I am asking if anyone else has had experience with this type of core muscle injury and found any rehab techniques to help! I've been performing adductor isometrics, working on hip IR, and lots of core work. It doesn't seem to be helping too much. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tanner

I've got almost exactly the same thing, minus testicular pain, and mine is on the right side. Very painful and have to limit weight / sets sometimes. Definitely off my PR weights. I asked the question in the moderated pain forum so I'll share what they say, or you could subscribe to that thread to keep up with it.

Comment

I've had issues with this as well in the past. While I can't definitively pin-point the cause, what I think has helped is that 1. I reduced the amount of weight I was doing to focus on my form and abdominal wall bracing. I would say you're on the right path regarding what you're working on (core work, adductor isos, etc), and know that it may take some time for you to feel a reduction in symptoms, or to have relief.

Comment

Originally posted by ironplatejake View Post
        I've had issues with this as well in the past. While I can't definitively pin-point the cause, what I think has helped is that 1. I reduced the amount of weight I was doing to focus on my form and abdominal wall bracing. I would say you're on the right path regarding what you're working on (core work, adductor isos, etc), and know that it may take some time for you to feel a reduction in symptoms, or to have relief.
        How did you solve your health problems?

Comment

Working...
        X