Definition of a novice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definition of a novice

I'm listening to Programming series again to try to "get it." (I can only absorb so much at one time....)

A hunch I had after the first listening seems confirmed by the second listening to the first episode.

*A novice is someone who can't intelligently determine a 1RM.* Whether or not he's run out a linear progression is not essential.

Just throwing that out there to test my comprehension.

A related definition is might be that a novice doesn't have enough experience to use RPE.

I think both of them are at least partially true, though I'm not sure if the reciprocal of the 1st one is true.

A definition from the BBM guys that comes to mind right now is "someone that is able to consistently increase weight in the bar every workout", or "every 48 to 72 hours".
    Me gainzz

Comment

A novice can add weight to the bar each session. A post novice may only be able to add stress, recover, and realize an adaptation on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, etc. basis. This culminates in the eventual adopting of Ending Strength and a linear regression.

Comment

• t_angeiras
        t_angeiras commented
        Editing a comment
        I was always curious. After reaching 0 in the Ending Strength, how long do you have to finalize personal matters? 48 to 72 hours?

• Bear_Bryan
        Bear_Bryan commented
        Editing a comment
        You should have your will finalized by the empty bar.
    Working...
    X