About ready to give up... Rippetoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DkMetz View Post
    As far as another company, I really enjoy the Barbell Logic podcast and the weekly videos they produce. They are very entertaining and sometimes have interesting guests. Although they are affiliated with SS, they very rarely mention Rip.
    Starting Strength has filed a lawsuit against Matt Reynolds and his SS credential was revoked, also it looks like the Strength Lifting federation is no longer associating with SS, they have moved to Barbell Logic website. It is interesting to watch what is happening with SS, to me it looks like they are trying to hold on to the old ways of doing things that no longer work in todays world. I remember Mark Bell talking about training, and getting strong and what he said was "This shit is not complicated, just lift weights and make sure you keep on adding to the bar, if you are getting strong using some method without injuring yourself, than keep on doing it".

Comment

I enjoy the topic, barbs and drama included. Carry on.

Comment

I think that this kind of discussion is very important, because it shows what real people/customers are thinking about particular company/business. And one thing that business owners seem to forget is that their business would be worthless, and they would be broke without customers, so looking after them, and listening to what they have to say should be a priority. Unfortunately SS has removed general discussion from their forums so it is natural that people are looking for an alternatives to raise their concerns. I hope that Barbell Medicine team is listening, and learning from this.

Comment

• Leah Lutz
          Leah Lutz
          Leah Lutz commented
          Editing a comment
          We are quite open to discussion, but as you can see here, there is a line that can be crossed, and nastiness is not needed. We will continue to allow reasonable discussion, and we welcome constructive input and feedback. Hopefully this difference is also clear!

Originally posted by chris003 View Post

Starting Strength has filed a lawsuit against Matt Reynolds and his SS credential was revoked, also it looks like the Strength Lifting federation is no longer associating with SS, they have moved to Barbell Logic website. It is interesting to watch what is happening with SS, to me it looks like they are trying to hold on to the old ways of doing things that no longer work in todays world. I remember Mark Bell talking about training, and getting strong and what he said was "This shit is not complicated, just lift weights and make sure you keep on adding to the bar, if you are getting strong using some method without injuring yourself, than keep on doing it".

*In the context of supramaximal levels of exogenous testosterone and strength genetics at the far end of the bell curve, sure, its all plain sailing..

Comment

Working...
        X