Conditioning basement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditioning basement

Does anyone have recommendations for conditioning for a low-ceiling basement. I have about 4-5 inches of space from the top of my head to the ceiling. I would prefer an airbike, but I don't know if that would work. A bulletproof solution is a rower, but my experience with HIIT is, that it is just superior on an airbike.

I have a low ceiling basement and have a Rogue Echo bike, no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_a View Post
      I have a low ceiling basement and have a Rogue Echo bike, no issue.
      May I ask how tall you are?

Comment

I use an assault air bike. I'm 6' 1", with the seat at a comfortable height (fully extended leg at bottom) I am 6" 4" from the ground while seated. I don't stand while riding but I don't think I'd want to ride it with a ceiling less than 7'.

I put mine in the garage, it has wheels so it can easily be wheeled to the side.

Interesting side note--I was looking at the Rogue bike but when I contacted them to ask if they would honor the warranty if I used it in my garage they were non-committal so I went with this and have been very happy: https://www.amazon.com/Assault-Fitne...4075998&sr=8-2

Comment

Smokes why wouldn't they honor it if you used it in a garage?

Comment

Concerns about rusting I imagine. Here is a snip of the response:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	57338

Comment

Originally posted by Appelgreen View Post

May I ask how tall you are?
              5' 10" (178cm). I stand on occasion during HIIT and don't hit my head.

Comment

Get a sledge, wheelbarrow and shovel and after a couple weeks of HIIT with those implements you can dig enough of your basement out to fit anything you want

if you are open to doing some conditioning outside you can find cheap sleds, or get some farmers handles and slam balls. It kind of stinks in the winter ... and the summer. #midwestproblems
                Last edited by nolansm; 07-18-2020, 04:32 PM. Reason: Deleted content.

Comment

Working...
                X