No announcement yet.

Thoughts on this guys argument for band training instead of strength training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on this guys argument for band training instead of strength training

It seems like he's selling a snake oil product. Anyone else heard of this? Watched a YouTube of the author talking about it.
    ​​​​​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jtayag17; 08-17-2021, 01:04 AM.

His claim is basically click-bait. There is copious amounts of research and case study to show weight training is beneficial. He is trying to sell his band system as a "safer and faster" alternative. Tbh my wife bought his system, I have tried it several times and I am not a big fan. I am really tall so these bands have to stretch quite far for me. My wife likes it though. It gives you resistance, and really when programmed correctly, will cause hypertrophy. It is a high rep to failure program using just a few moves...so you don't "waste time" moving plates around etc.

I tried to find his research on reputable databases like pubmed and not much comes up. All his research is on his website only from what I can see and not sure if any has been peer reviewed...so pretty strong bias issues there.

I also understand the school he got his PhD from is non-acredited.

Comment

Working...
    X