Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So has even SS' Chase converted to [email protected] style programming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now they're deleting comments recommending BBM templates over on the SS facebook group...

So much for "letting the market decide"

Comment

Originally posted by Stenson View Post
      So now they're deleting comments recommending BBM templates over on the SS facebook group...

So much for "letting the market decide"
      So much for the good relations between BBM & SS...

Comment

SS knows it's only a matter of time.... BBM is taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by Squib View Post
          I don't 100% remember, but didn't he say he isn't convinced low bar is superior to high bar just in general too?
          I believe the argument was that a) we don't have any convincing evidence to support the claim that the LBBS uses more muscle mass than the HBBS, and b) the more important thing in terms of a lifting career is which version you as an individual are able to train most consistently and productively.

Comment

Also there's a decent-sized chunk of the SS staff that seems to have a pathological tendency when it comes to censorship and shutting down discussion. We're not exactly discussing state secrets or religion or something.. it's just strength training. It's pretty unfortunate that a bunch of smart, motivated people who want to help others (the SSCs) mostly don't participate due to this fact and to the overly dramatic nature of the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by RPEKilledMyFamily View Post
              there seems to be limits to a deductive reasoning approach to strength training, and this is broadly speaking a main point of contention.
              I’m not sure this is a case of BBM and SS differing on the category of reasoning (I.e inductive, deductive, etc.). Rather, it’s the data from which these groups are making their inferences that is seemingly vastly different. J and A, in seeking programming knowledge seem to ask, e.g., ‘what does the available evidence, when considered critically, along with our experience, tell us about the best way to train?’ in any given case. SS on the other hand seem disinterested in the evidence, and ask, e.g. ‘what does common sense, along with our experience, tell us about the best way to train?’ This is how we get to the ‘muh 5 pounds’ dogma, because what could be more commonsensical than adding a bit more to the bar each time?

So, again, I’m wary of charactising this in terms of differing styles of reasoning. We are not seeing science vs. logic (not to suggest that you specifically have said this). Logic is absolutely inseparable from science, as is deductive reasoning, as Mr. Karl Popper, among many others, will tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by torkins View Post
                It's pretty unfortunate that a bunch of smart, motivated people who want to help others (the SSCs) mostly don't participate due to this fact and to the overly dramatic nature of the discussion.
                This I have seen in my conversations with an SSC. Most just keep quiet and train themselves and their clients as they see fit, whether that be SS style as in PPST3, more of an Andy Baker style (this seems to come up more often than PPST3 except for 4 day split), or BBM style.
                Last edited by teddyd; 05-09-2018, 01:46 PM.
                Log

Comment

Jordan mentioned yesterday that SSC's learn from BBM's material and they will discuss it on the SS Slack channel, all while publicly denouncing it.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyd View Post

This I have seen in my conversations with an SSC. Most just keep quiet and train themselves and their clients as they see fit, whether that be SS style as in PPST3, more of an Andy Baker style (this seems to come up more often than PPST3 except for 4 day split), or BBM style.
                    What is this "4-day split" people are advocating about? Is it the 4-day Texas Method split mentioned in PPST3? If not, can someone provide a page reference?

Comment

• This is what happens when people make claims without supporting evidence, while simultaneously preventing growth. You become obsolete. I mean I guess rpe is essentially useless for everyone one anyway sooooo.. lol. Their stance on it is kind of baffling

Comment

• Popped up in my feed today. Kill me pls

https://www.instagram.com/p/BingZjqD...=rust.lycergus

Comment

• t_angeiras
                        t_angeiras commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There could be a reply with Mike T DLing 1 million pounds answering something like "problem, bro?", haha

These extremes and ridiculing without knowing their shit pisses me off...

• Goat
                        Goat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This shit is getting embarrassing. Stereotypical meathead idiocy.

• It's quite funny really, because Mike Tuchscherer has been through this whole discussion a thousand times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvRx2YZTcbQ&t=1m28s

The original disagreement was about training volume post-novice, and now for some reason they've picked RPE as their new scapegoat. Rip and others have clearly taken the whole BBM thing personally, that's very evident not only from what they're writing but from how they're writing it in their discussion threads.

Comment

• I never really trusted Matt Reynolds ever since I got into starting strength and saw him making videos with James Yeager. For those not in the firearm community James Yeager is a known douchebag with a huge ego and poor decision making skills. I thought, who would knowingly associate with this guy? Now we all know.

Comment

• neandrewthal
                          neandrewthal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He's the "Mark Rippetoe of the firearms world".

• Bear_Bryan
                          Bear_Bryan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          More like the stage 4 colorectal cancer of the firearms world.

• Eh, I don't really take SS seriously anymore. Rip and Sully are the "loudest" and just want to defend their books. They don't want the embarrassment of being wrong in such a public way. They are trying to completely shut down BBM before it gains too much steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by torkins View Post
                          Also there's a decent-sized chunk of the SS staff that seems to have a pathological tendency when it comes to censorship and shutting down discussion. We're not exactly discussing state secrets or religion or something.. it's just strength training. It's pretty unfortunate that a bunch of smart, motivated people who want to help others (the SSCs) mostly don't participate due to this fact and to the overly dramatic nature of the discussion.
                          I mean I’m sure Rip thinks he has a piece of the market cornered and it’s easier to just naysay everything and tout their stance as the best vs admitting to their shortcomings and using their resources to grow. Ultimately it’ll end up making SS just another piece of broscience history and I don’t think Rip really cares.

Comment

Working...
                          X