Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else have to "re-learn" how to eat breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else have to "re-learn" how to eat breakfast?

After years and years of skipping breakfast, I have absolutely zero appetite in the morning. This really isn't compatible with my current macro goals. I'm really hoping that if I keep forcing it down, whatever regulates that sort of thing eventually adapt and it'll come to expect and crave food at that time of day, because right now, it is not fun. Has that sort of thing been "trainable" in your experience? How long did it take?

I also struggle with this. I've gotten it to the point where I can get down a few pieces of peanut butter toast, protein shake, and some milk. It took a while for my appetite to get adjusted (I had to choke it down prior to this point), but now I do wake up hungry.

Comment

Breakfast food is the best food. Can't relate, sorry.

Comment

• dboeding
        dboeding commented
        Editing a comment
        haha I love breakfast food, just at 9-10AM. At 6:30am I have to choke down anything.

• Stenson
        Stenson commented
        Editing a comment
        ^same. About all I can get down before work is the protein shake. On the weekends I like to have nice big breakfasts at like 10AM

I really have to teach myself to have sufficient (high quality) protein in my breakfast. What I usually did was just eat bread with very thin slices of cheese, muesli, bananas and some coffee if I had anything at all.
      Usually I feel sluggish after a "proper" breakfast - if it was up to me I'd just drink some coffee on an empty stomach, do something productive like work and then wait until my appetite builds up for a nice big lunch. Oh well...

Comment

So yes I can relate! I mean I love me some breakfast however I did have to and still learning how to stuff something down early I prefer not to eat until 10 or 11. I have adapted to this by making a protein shake with some berries and almond milk. I have also poured coffee over ice and added chocolate protein powder it's like an early morning mocha which is yummy. So basically I have started to drink breakfast early and it is more palatable instead of a big breakfast. As long as I am not lifting in the morning and if that is the case I suck it up get my required macro's and tell myself I got this! So ya it can be difficult but you got this!!!!

Comment

I've never had an appetite before 10am, and have been force-feeding myself breakfast for years now. I eat a bowl of cereal (lucky charms, fruity pebbles, etc) with heavy cream, 4-6oz of juice or fruit, and a heaping scoop of whey protein. Not a ton of calories, but it's better than nothing. I've also observed that it's a lot easier to shove food down my throat in the morning if I'm mentally distracted by music, the news, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnisly View Post
            After years and years of skipping breakfast, I have absolutely zero appetite in the morning. This really isn't compatible with my current macro goals. I'm really hoping that if I keep forcing it down, whatever regulates that sort of thing eventually adapt and it'll come to expect and crave food at that time of day, because right now, it is not fun. Has that sort of thing been "trainable" in your experience? How long did it take?
            Took me about 2 weeks. It really helps if you make delicious things like bacon and eggs with cheese and ham. Really good coffee helps too. Eventually you’ll look forward to the ritual.

Comment

Liquid calories have always been my friend in the mornings. I never have an appetite til around 9AM

Comment

I have no appetite from 7 am until arround 11 am.
                I have found that two scoops of ON. Gold Standard Whey protein mixed with coconut milk is easy on the stomach and doesn't cause any embarrassing digestive issues. Also.......It wouldn't hurt to take some digestive enzymes with it.

Comment

Ok, nice to know I’m not alone here. I do love me some breakfast food and often make “breakfast for lunch” since I work from home. Drinking those calories in the morning sounds like a good idea. I’ll experiment.

Comment

I’m up at 5am for the gym , down a glass of water and some pop tarts and I’m off to go lol

Comment

I eat chobani yogurt, 3 hardboiled eggs and a glass of milk for breakfast to get enough leucine. The eggs can be hard to get down.

Comment

>That feel when no time to eat breakfast in the morning because have to rush off to office...

Comment

Real chinese tea (pu-erh, oolong, green, red, etc.) will give you a nice boost of energy in the morning, but unlike coffee it will enhance rather than suppress your appetite. Tea also contains many other beneficial compounds and tastes wonderful.

Comment

Yep. You’ll adapt. I’ve gone back and forth from just a protein shake and a fruit to 10oz egg whites, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 packets of oatmeal, 2 cinnamon rolls, and 2 cups of milk. But the point is I usually don’t jump straight from the first to second, bc the hunger but isn’t there. (I can go straight from the second to first because the side effect there is just feeling a little more empty than usual, which for me is easier to deal with than stuffing my face to the point of nausea, indigestion, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                            X