Good rate of weight gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PWard View Post
    gain weight at the rate that is comfortable for you. What's important is simply that you gain weight over time while training. Just don't get paralysis by analysis and not do anything because you're not sure of the right speed.
    This. Don't miss the forest for the trees - just gain weight at whatever pace you feel comfortable and enjoy your training, assess as you go along.

Comment

sgarciac07 gain weight at the rate that is comfortable for you. What's important is simply that you gain weight over time while training. Just don't get paralysis by analysis and not do anything because you're not sure of the right speed. Guess what? None of us know exactly how your body will react either. The only way to find out is to gain weight for a few months and then see how it goes. These things are only clear in retrospect. At your age, you should get some really good results. Regardless of what happens though, you're going to learn a lot about your body in this gaining weight phase, and that's what is most important. Even if things don't go perfectly this time (they rarely do), you'll still learn some things to improve upon next time you do this. But you're right, there's no reason to stress about it. And you don't have to go to extremes. Generally I've found that in life the extreme way of doing things rarely is the right way. Just gain at a rate that is comfortable and acceptable to you (I personally would recommend a minimum of at least 2lb per month) and do that until you reach 160lb. Track your weight and waist measurement at least once a week through the process. Then we will have a lot of good data to work with and optimize in the future. At 16 especially, I would like to see training be something that adds to your life, not something that takes away from it. Don't be afraid to try some new things. Don't be afraid to make some mistakes. Things don't have to be perfect. Don't compare yourself against anyone other than the you of yesterday (especially avoid comparing yourself against people on the internet). Getting jacked and strong is not something that happens overnight. It comes from a long series of baby steps done consistently over a long period of time. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, that's really 90% of the battle right there, especially for someone that is new to training. We have decades ahead to worry about optimizing things if you want to go down that route. For now, just have fun with it, form some good life long habits, and gain at whatever rate is comfortable for you.
      Hey thank you so much, I think that I'm losing the focus here, you made some things clear, I appreciatte your comment, I will do that and stop bothering around this forums with more topics like this.
      Thank you really

Comment

Originally posted by llaffin View Post

This. Don't miss the forest for the trees - just gain weight at whatever pace you feel comfortable and enjoy your training, assess as you go along.
        Thank you aswell

Comment

No problem. Keep us posted with how things go. We're all cheering for you!
          Last edited by PWard; 11-01-2018, 01:55 AM.

Comment

sgarciac07 (I personally would recommend a minimum of at least 2lb per month)
            Emphasis on minimum. I've "bulked" at nearly 2lb/week, although looking back, at 35ish that probably wasn't the best plan. Also, I lost weight being inactive running up to basic training 15 years before that, and in the 10 weeks between my MEPS weigh in, and graduating basic training I gained 20lbs while running my ASS off.

Originally posted by sgarciac07 View Post

Hey thank you so much, I think that I'm losing the focus here, you made some things clear, I appreciatte your comment, I will do that and stop bothering around this forums with more topics like this.
            Thank you really
            I don't think anyone here is bothered by your posting, to the contrary, we like the opportunity to give input, and see how it serves you.

Not that there aren't moments of minor exasperation at percieved internet interaction superseding actual weight gain action.

Well wishes,
            Serack
            Forum topics and other links I've found useful

Comment

No problem. Keep us posted with how things go. We're all cheering for you!
              I'll create a log in other forum so I can track my performance, thanks for all the support!

Comment

Originally posted by Serack View Post

Emphasis on minimum. I've "bulked" at nearly 2lb/week, although looking back, at 35ish that probably wasn't the best plan. Also, I lost weight being inactive running up to basic training 15 years before that, and in the 10 weeks between my MEPS weigh in, and graduating basic training I gained 20lbs while running my ASS off.

I don't think anyone here is bothered by your posting, to the contrary, we like the opportunity to give input, and see how it serves you.

Not that there aren't moments of minor exasperation at percieved internet interaction superseding actual weight gain action.

Well wishes,
                Serack
                PWard Thanks to both of you, I have to find confidence in my own decisions and modify things from there, you really helped me with your support, patience and consistence are the most important things to do.

Comment

Enjoy life, train (in gym, and the classroom), eat, sleep.

All important things

Yer, 16. Finding confidence is what being that age is all about. Spending time training with a barbell is an awesome way to do that. Keep up the training and eat like a beast, and it won't be long before you walk up to 3 plates on each side of the bar and pick it up. Knowing you can impart your will on the world in such a fundamental way is quite the builder of confidence!
                  Forum topics and other links I've found useful

Comment

Originally posted by Serack View Post
                    Enjoy life, train (in gym, and the classroom), eat, sleep.

All important things

Yer, 16. Finding confidence is what being that age is all about. Spending time training with a barbell is an awesome way to do that. Keep up the training and eat like a beast, and it won't be long before you walk up to 3 plates on each side of the bar and pick it up. Knowing you can impart your will on the world in such a fundamental way is quite the builder of confidence!
                    Thanks man, I really appreciate your comments. I feel more confident now, you know.

Comment

Working...
                    X