Main Carb source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Carb source

Curious to know what everyone does for their main source of carbs everyday. I’d say my biggest contributor are potatoes- steamed, baked, microwaved, or occasionally fried with eggs.

Rice, whole grain bread, apples, flour tortillas (on occasion), oatmeal (on occasion).

Comment

Oatmeal at brekkie or maybe an olive focaccia (great with scrambled eggs dusted with some salt and a reasonable amount of smoked paprika), and rice or pasta for the rest of the day. Maybe the odd potato, but not part of the regular selection.
      Log

Comment

I'm a pollack so I gotta have my pierogies, lol. Aside from that, really all the above. Oatmeal, rice, pasta, bread, potato, sweet potato, quinoa, tons of fruits and veggies. Carbs are pretty easy to cycle. Aside from the magical pierogies, I need a variety in my carb sources as they tend to get old fast if I don't rotate them.
        Last edited by PWard; 12-05-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Barq's and mountains of rice, bread for days, fruits, and oats in my whey shakes.

I find rice is super easy to eat large quantities of on a daily basis - and it takes the flavour of whatever you cook it with really well. 500 calories of rice is way easier to consume than 500 calories of potato, bread, or oats, IMO. Great for gaining weight.

Comment

potatoes, fruit, oatmeal, corn tortillas.

Comment

Well I could definitely eat more fruit, unless raisin bread counts. I’m gonna branch out a bit and try some of what everyone else eats. I don’t want to burn myself out on the spuds

Comment

Last weekend at least, according to fitday, beer..

Comment

Bread, fruit and vegetables

Comment

Definitely white rice in terms of calories. Potatoes are great but they require fats to really taste good IMO. Same goes for bread. Rice seems to be the easiest to consume and digest.

Comment

Working...
                    X