Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Scale and Dietary Fiber Macros

All,

Wondering if any of you have a preference for a food scale or know if a cheaper scale is accurate enough. If I’m going to measure my food multiple times a day, I want to make sure it’s accurate. I’m currently using the Kitchen Gurus scale from Bed Bath Beyond ($15). Seems to work fine.

Also, when counting macros on MyFitnessPal, do you subtract dietary fiber from total carb numbers? For example, I eat low carb tortillas with my chicken/beef with 33g carbs but 23g of dietary fiber (wife is on low carb diet). Would my count for that tortilla be 33g or 10g?

Thanks!

Greetings,
    I believe I have heard Jordan say that for BBM purposes fiber counts towards your carb macro total.
    Regards,
    Patrick

Comment

Hi Luigi,
      I have been using a cheap digital scale (10€) and I find it good enough for weighting food and tracking. If you want to be sure that the scale is working properly you can weigh things that you already know the weight like a package of rice or pasta.

In my case accuracy is not as important as tracking and knowing that I am approximately within an acceptable range of my targeted macros. The only thing I try to measure more accurately are fats because as they are so caloric you can easily underestimate the amount of calories in "a drizzle" of oil or "a little bit" of butter.

I hope this is useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Luigiwillchopyou View Post
        All,

Wondering if any of you have a preference for a food scale or know if a cheaper scale is accurate enough. If I’m going to measure my food multiple times a day, I want to make sure it’s accurate. I’m currently using the Kitchen Gurus scale from Bed Bath Beyond ($15). Seems to work fine.
        I'm sure it's fine.

Originally posted by Luigiwillchopyou View Post
        Also, when counting macros on MyFitnessPal, do you subtract dietary fiber from total carb numbers? For example, I eat low carb tortillas with my chicken/beef with 33g carbs but 23g of dietary fiber (wife is on low carb diet). Would my count for that tortilla be 33g or 10g?

Thanks!
        It would be 33g. Net carbs are only a thing in marketing land.

Comment

Thanks, all!

Comment

Working...
          X