Anyone weigh their Peri-Rx scoops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone weigh their Peri-Rx scoops?

I'm finishing up my first container of it, and I thought I would weigh a scoop of it to see how close it was to the label. The label says 1 scoop = 22.9g. One level scoop came out to 18g for me. This seems like a significant difference. What does everyone else get?

Sounds like we need a bigger scoop.

Originally posted by keithf View Post
    I'm finishing up my first container of it, and I thought I would weigh a scoop of it to see how close it was to the label. The label says 1 scoop = 22.9g. One level scoop came out to 18g for me. This seems like a significant difference. What does everyone else get?

I've done it and it's quite close. I don't think it matter too much really. Even if you have a larger scoop, the amount will vary depending on how much anyone packs it into the scoop or even how they scoop it up. The same problem exists with measuring out dry goods in baking. You either consider it close enough or do all your baking with scale measurements. :-)

Comment

• keithf
      keithf commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm guess I'm not packing it in much, I'll have to start getting a nicely packed, heaping scoop from now on If I'm spending money on it, I may as well get an effective dose

Originally posted by keithf View Post

How accurate are your scales?

Comment

• keithf
      keithf commented
      Editing a comment
      That's something I was wondering as well. Apparently 2 pennies weighs 5 grams, so I'll test that out later.

• rho
      rho commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, some scales are quite a bit off on the lower end of their range.

Place shaker bottle on scales sans lid. Reset scales to zero. Scoop in requisite amount of powder (50g for my ghetto mix). Done. Repeat every day you make the workout/PeriRx/ghetto/whateverfloatsyourboat shake. You end up getting the same ingredients +/- bugger all each time and you are good to go.
    Log

Comment

• rho
      rho commented
      Editing a comment
      I use the same protocol.
Working...
X