My current Intake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My current Intake

So I have recently (01Mar19) started actually tracking my macros based on the To Be a Beast recommendations. Before this I was following the nutritional recommendations of MyFitnessPal < not my smartest choice.

I however was losing weight at a pretty fast pace going from 200lbs down to 190lbs starting 15DEC18 and stopping at the end of FEB.

My current intake is

Calories= 2171
    Protein= 237g
    Carbs= 51.3
    Fats=51.3

BW this morning was 189.8
    Height= 6'0
    Waist= 30in
    Neck= 12.5in

Navy BMI= 17.5

I want to try and get down to 180 (personal goal of mine), should I adjust my macros with every lb I lose or weight until the current macros stop having an effect? It has only been 5 days however, I have sat at 189.8-190 for the past week.

To add, I have hit +-5 Marcos everyday since starting. The hardest part was finding a balance in food that also gave me adequate fiber.

Comment

You could drop 30 or 40 grams of protein and see where that takes you. I wouldn't say you're eating too much, but probably more than you need to. If you still need to cut more calories I would recommend you take them out of fat.

Comment

Keep calories where they are until you stop loosing weight or your waist measurement no longer decreases. Then adjust down by, say, 150 calories. This should provide a sufficient deficit to continue to lose weight again, until you inevitably stop losing body fat/weight at which point reduce calories again. Remember, when you stop losing weight at a given caloric intake and it stays there for a week or so, then you have reached maintenance calories for that weight/waist/body fat level.

When deciding to gain muscle mass and increase calories, do the reverse. Increase by 150-200 calories and track your weight gain. Once weight gain stops for a week or so, then increase by another 150-200 calories. That way you give your body the extra caloric requirement for muscle gain without over feeding it and the excess calories spilling over into body fat.
        Log

Comment

Wow typo on the carbs...I’m at 190g of carbs lol sorry about that.

Comment

I think you mean Navy BF% - 17.5... A BMI of 17.5 would mean you're clinically underweight, which you are certainly not. Also, 12.5" neck seems way off. I'm 6'2" 207lb and my neck is around 17". 12.5" would be an extra small shirt at best.

Comment

I’ll double check the neck tonight. I was going off the last time (month and a half ago) my Fitness assessment was done. On my Navy PT test my neck was 12.5

Comment

Can confirm, measured three times and took an average
                Waist=30
                Neck= 12.56 (ill round up to 13) Ive still just got a small ass neck

Navy body fat calculator puts me at 12% I stand corrected.

the BMI puts me at 25.8 < used google

Comment

Your head must look like an orange on a toothpick.

You have a 30 inch waist and you want to cut MORE weight? Must be nice. I haven't weighed 180 since I was 15. I don't remember ever having a 30 inch waist.

If you're losing weight now, don't mess with anything unless you're forcing yourself to eat more than you want to.

Comment

I just want to get down to 180 to see if I can and how I’ll feel and look at that weight. I used to cut down to 185 from 20” back in my kickboxing days but that’s been about 8 years ago so I guess we shall see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by GoWolfpack View Post
                      Your head must look like an orange on a toothpick.

You have a 30 inch waist and you want to cut MORE weight?
                      Lol, I wasn't going to say it, but since you did. 12.5 is supprisingly low, especially with those guns in the avatar. I can't find any #'s for your lifts, but with that cursed neck and 30" waist, I'm betting your Navy BF score is off.

For me, in the long term the waist measurement means more than what's on the scale, but the scale metric is a higher precision, short term tool to assist in evaluating my trending for my weight gain goals vs the waist. And 30" is a waist just about any guy here not a skinny, underweight teen would envy.

My favorite (paraphrased) Jordanism is: "Don't trade (novice) strength gainzzz for weight loss unless someone is paying you to, either in $ or sex."

Comment

Originally posted by Bak2ThaBasix View Post
                        I just want to get down to 180 to see if I can and how I’ll feel and look at that weight. I used to cut down to 185 from 20” back in my kickboxing days but that’s been about 8 years ago so I guess we shall see how it goes.
                        I'm just kidding with you, if you have a goal you should definitly go for it and don't let somebody on the internet tell you you're wrong.
                        I'm just a little salty because I have been trying to lose weight for most of my life and you don't seem to be having that much trouble with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Serack View Post

Lol, I wasn't going to say it, but since you did. 12.5 is supprisingly low, especially with those guns in the avatar. I can't find any #'s for your lifts, but with that cursed neck and 30" waist, I'm betting your Navy BF score is off."
                          My avatar is all angles and was also taken when I was sitting at 210-ish... I cant help that I have a skinny neck lol, ive tired it all shrugs, praying, everything. The waist has always been small comparatively. , which I dont really know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but it works. Even at my heaviest (230lbs) my waist was only 34"

Im currently runnning the GPP endurance template havent done a max effort lift in a long time but my @8 numbers are:

DL: @8= 405
                          Bench @8= 315
                          Squat @8= 395

Also, woke up this morning @ 188.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by GoWolfpack View Post

I'm just kidding with you, if you have a goal you should definitly go for it and don't let somebody on the internet tell you you're wrong.
                            I'm just a little salty because I have been trying to lose weight for most of my life and you don't seem to be having that much trouble with it.
                            Honestly I would like to say it was a challenge to lose the weight (going from 230 down to 210) but genetically IMO I was blessed/cursed with having a naturally scrawny frame. both my parents are tall and lanky. Grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins are all the same way; I am surprisingly the shortest of all the (male) cousins with my tallest cousin being 6'7".

Mom is 5'9" and 130lbs soaking wet
                            Dad is 6'3" and 185lbs on a good day of eating

I happen to be the most meaty of the family but that is only because of resistance training and intentionally making myself eat every 3-5 hours. I might end up just sitting at 185lbs when I get there because there has to be a certain point where an impact in my performance is impacted. We shall see though.

Comment

Well, I've seen Jordan discuss how bigger necks are associated with obstructive sleep disorder, so there's something you can point to and be thankful for.

Comment

Working...
                              X