Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter's weight loss journey.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so I decided to talk about the experiences in my family.

My daughter is turning 24 this year, and she weighed 250 pounds. She binge eats when under stress and this is increasing her weight even more. Her hobbies include travelling and she loves to catch up with her friends on weekends. Recently she started complaining about pain in lower back and the difficulty she faced to bend or to sit comfortably. We thought it must be due to her physical training which is causing pain. But after consulting an orthopaedician with a X-ray, we were told that it was due to spinal compression that was making her pain unbearable. Since she was suggested physical exercises to ease her pain, we also thought of visiting a chiropractor to see if an adjustment can fix this. We visited North York chiropractors and by the next two appointments, she started doing better. And ya, She has returned to her physical training sessions again!

Please drop in your advice which can be helpful for her.

Thank you everyone.

Originally posted by Karel Chalifour View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so I decided to talk about the experiences in my family.

My daughter is turning 24 this year, and she weighed 250 pounds. She binge eats when under stress and this is increasing her weight even more. Her hobbies include travelling and she loves to catch up with her friends on weekends. Recently she started complaining about pain in lower back and the difficulty she faced to bend or to sit comfortably. We thought it must be due to her physical training which is causing pain. But after consulting an orthopaedician with a X-ray, we were told that it was due to spinal compression that was making her pain unbearable. Since she was suggested physical exercises to ease her pain, we also thought of visiting a chiropractor to see if an adjustment can fix this. We visited North York chiropractors and by the next two appointments, she started doing better. And ya, She has returned to her physical training sessions again!

Please drop in your advice which can be helpful for her.

Thank you everyone.
    Hey Karel Chalifour ,

Thanks for sharing your daughter's story. I think it's outstanding that she's prioritizing taking care of herself.

Regarding her pain symptoms, this is a much more nuanced discussion. Based on what you've described thus far, it is highly probable she would have felt better without any intervention. We discussed joint manipulations in this podcast - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/jor...?autoplay=true

In regards to advice to help her, we'd need information such as her goals, current training regiment, and her thoughts about the meaning of pain. This information would best be garnered from a consultation with us. https://www.barbellmedicine.com/consults-and-contact/

Happy to help.

Comment

Working...
    X