X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Manu View Post
    I want to close this thread making the last update. Maybe it can be helpful in the future to someone in a similar situation.

1 month since my first post. I'm feeling 99% recovered. I haven't any kind of discomfort in any of the movements, just a little bit when deadlifting but nothing to worry about as far as I know.
    Deadlift is not totally recovered but I'm lifting around 80% of that I was lifting before the incident. I am being very conservative so maybe I could be lifting more without any problems. The rest of the lifts are the same weight as before.

In this 3 to 4 weeks that took me to get back to normal I observed a pattern. Every time I went to the gym I felt worst the day after but much better the next days, so the pain was going down gradually but I had an increase every day after training. This made me think some times that maybe I wasn't getting better but I was clearly wrong.

Thanks for helping.
    Dhruv4 you were right with this: "This is nothing to worry about and you should understand that you will get better"
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are trending up and you are embracing the process. Good work. Let us know if you need anything in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Dhruv4
    commented on 's reply
    Glad youre feeling better buddy, and im gonna reiterate that if needed be you can always post in the facebook group and we'll love to help you out.

• Manu
    replied
    I want to close this thread making the last update. Maybe it can be helpful in the future to someone in a similar situation.

1 month since my first post. I'm feeling 99% recovered. I haven't any kind of discomfort in any of the movements, just a little bit when deadlifting but nothing to worry about as far as I know.
    Deadlift is not totally recovered but I'm lifting around 80% of that I was lifting before the incident. I am being very conservative so maybe I could be lifting more without any problems. The rest of the lifts are the same weight as before.

In this 3 to 4 weeks that took me to get back to normal I observed a pattern. Every time I went to the gym I felt worst the day after but much better the next days, so the pain was going down gradually but I had an increase every day after training. This made me think some times that maybe I wasn't getting better but I was clearly wrong.

Thanks for helping.
    ​​​​​​​Dhruv4 you were right with this: "This is nothing to worry about and you should understand that you will get better"

Leave a comment:

• Manu
    replied
    Update:
    I went to the gym on Saturday and today. Things are getting better.
    I am going to do one week of easier training to see how I feel: squat - bench press - barbell row - overhead press
    With the squat and bench press, I had no problem maintaining the same weights I was using before. With the barbell row, I have had to lower the weights and reps a little bit, I feel some discomfort doing the exercise but nothing too bad. The OHP has been a very strange feeling, I had lowered the weight a little and it felt Ok while pushing but as soon as I breathe in the low part of the movement I felt pain in the back so I did sets of 5 with less weight and holding the breath for the whole set. The most difficult movement has been the deadlift, I had lowered the weight to around 40%. It does not feel comfortable, especially the lower part of the movement, but I could manage to finish the set.
    This is all for now, I will try to start adding weight to the deadlift as soon as I feel more comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Thanks for asking Michael Ray
    ​​​​​​Things are going OK, the pain is very light now but the weekend was worst than I expected. I felt pain just breathing and standing up from bed. I'm planning on going tomorrow to the gym and start very light and see how it goes and hopefully I will get back soon to the bridge to finish my last two weeks (I was on week 7).
    Seeing the video was very helpful, through Austin's video I arrived to one of Alan Thrall's videos talking about back pain that was very helpful as well.

Let's see how it goes tomorrow in the gym and I will hopefully be back in the Bridge soon.

A funny thing is that in my work I am constantly picking up light things from the floor and as I couldn't bend over because of the pain I was force to squat all the time so maybe I'll see some improvement in my squat next time I go to the gym
    Gotcha. Glad that information was helpful. Keep us posted!

Leave a comment:

• Manu
    replied
    Thanks for asking Michael Ray
    ​​​​​​Things are going OK, the pain is very light now but the weekend was worst than I expected. I felt pain just breathing and standing up from bed. I'm planning on going tomorrow to the gym and start very light and see how it goes and hopefully I will get back soon to the bridge to finish my last two weeks (I was on week 7).
    Seeing the video was very helpful, through Austin's video I arrived to one of Alan Thrall's videos talking about back pain that was very helpful as well.

Let's see how it goes tomorrow in the gym and I will hopefully be back in the Bridge soon.

A funny thing is that in my work I am constantly picking up light things from the floor and as I couldn't bend over because of the pain I was force to squat all the time so maybe I'll see some improvement in my squat next time I go to the gym

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ray
    replied
    Hi,
    I am on week 7 of The Bridge 1.0. On monday I was doing paused deadlift 2ct 1", I didn't noticed anything unusual happening but in the last sets I started to feel discomfort in my back pulling the weight. I finished the workout normally and went home. On wednesday I felt again some disconfort in the same place while doing the Pendlay row but I was able to finish the exercise with the belt on without affecting the weight I had planned for this day. However, after the workout I went for a walk and I noticed some disconfort when breathing. (I am not native english speaker, I am using disconfort because it is not really pain but maybe is not the correct word).
    Today I started warming-up to do my deadlifts and I find it extremely difficult to pull even with just 60kg (I was doing 125kg x 1 @ 8 last week), I've noticed that the problem is at the beggining of the pull just when the plates leave the floor. I've tried to do 2 o 3 sets of 5 with 60kg but it felt very uncomfortable. I didn't want to go home so I did some squats and bench press with ligher weight and more reps and everything was more or less Ok. Today it was more painful that the days before.
    I tried to do lat pull downs and it felt ok then I tried cable row and was worst. I think pulling down is ok but pulling up is the problem. And after the workour I still feel pain when I try to take a deep breath.
    The pain is located in the middle part of my back but just in the left part (as you can see in the image).
    Maybe someone here has experienced something similar and can help me figurew out what is happening and what I did wrong.
    What should I do now? My next workout is on Monday, I plan to train normally if I can but what If I am feeling the same pain? How should I aproach the next workouts then? What I did wrong in my paused deadlift that lead to this discomfort?

Thanks in advance for reading.

Hey Manu , how are things going since your original post? Dhruv4 gave excellent advice and this is in line with what we would recommend for these type of scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• Manu
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks man! Your answer is very helpful and so is the video.
    The pain is still there but it is getting better.
    I definitely should post some day a form check video.
    Thank you again.

• Dhruv4
    replied
    You've most likely done nothing wrong, your body may not be used to the volume you're exposing yourself to right now. This is nothing to worry about and you should understand that you will get better.
    If you want, you can always post a form check video in our facebook group and we'll give you tips and advice.
    I'd watch this video if I were you, it will help you understand how you should go about treating this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdwj5ORPmX0&t=23s

Leave a comment:

• Manu
    started a topic Back pain Deadliftling

Back pain Deadliftling

Hi,
    I am on week 7 of The Bridge 1.0. On monday I was doing paused deadlift 2ct 1", I didn't noticed anything unusual happening but in the last sets I started to feel discomfort in my back pulling the weight. I finished the workout normally and went home. On wednesday I felt again some disconfort in the same place while doing the Pendlay row but I was able to finish the exercise with the belt on without affecting the weight I had planned for this day. However, after the workout I went for a walk and I noticed some disconfort when breathing. (I am not native english speaker, I am using disconfort because it is not really pain but maybe is not the correct word).
    Today I started warming-up to do my deadlifts and I find it extremely difficult to pull even with just 60kg (I was doing 125kg x 1 @ 8 last week), I've noticed that the problem is at the beggining of the pull just when the plates leave the floor. I've tried to do 2 o 3 sets of 5 with 60kg but it felt very uncomfortable. I didn't want to go home so I did some squats and bench press with ligher weight and more reps and everything was more or less Ok. Today it was more painful that the days before.
    I tried to do lat pull downs and it felt ok then I tried cable row and was worst. I think pulling down is ok but pulling up is the problem. And after the workour I still feel pain when I try to take a deep breath.
    The pain is located in the middle part of my back but just in the left part (as you can see in the image).
    Maybe someone here has experienced something similar and can help me figurew out what is happening and what I did wrong.
    What should I do now? My next workout is on Monday, I plan to train normally if I can but what If I am feeling the same pain? How should I aproach the next workouts then? What I did wrong in my paused deadlift that lead to this discomfort?

Thanks in advance for reading.

Working...
X