Rib Pop While Deadlifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rib Pop While Deadlifting

I was working up to a set of 5 at RPE 8 and on my second rep I felt a popping sensation in the lower right area of my rib cage. There was some pain whenever the popping happened. Didn’t feel comfortable going up in weight so I moved on to the next exercise. Is this something I just need to wait out and let it fix itself?

I honestly, would. I think if youre doing ok, you can move around without any difficulty then you should be ok but if youre concerned you can always see a MD and note that i am not :0

Comment

I would also read this https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...ns-vs-reality/

like was mentioned before, if you are really concerned about it I would see a doc.

Comment

Originally posted by wandresen07 View Post
        I was working up to a set of 5 at RPE 8 and on my second rep I felt a popping sensation in the lower right area of my rib cage. There was some pain whenever the popping happened. Didn’t feel comfortable going up in weight so I moved on to the next exercise. Is this something I just need to wait out and let it fix itself?
        Difficult to say what's going on here without more information. It's fairly unlikely you dislocated a rib in this scenario. What are your concerns? How have things been going since your OP?

Comment

Working...
        X