Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff
    commented on 's reply
    The first time that I encountered tempo squats was during Bridge 1.0 which I ran at the beginning of the year. I had not been doing any GPP work prior to that template, so they were very tough in the beginning, but as I performed the prescribed GPP, the temp-squats became easier breathing-wise as I progressed from week to week.

• masoud.shokri
    replied
    My first set of tempos have always been easier than subsequent sets. I am ramp up until my first set of @8 or @9, then I need to adjust a weight. With sufficient number of sets, I end up with a @9 which is even lighter than my first @7 lol

Leave a comment:

• MarlonH
    replied
    I tried this for the first time. I find it challenging to brace throughout the full squat (I brace with deep breath in, hold until I come back up). After some sets, it's hard to keep this. I run out of air and break the brace....any pointers?

Leave a comment:

• Acamp76144
    replied
    First time on 5-3-0 for 10’s.... humbling stuff

Leave a comment:

• MO916
    replied
    Thanks, I’m on my first week of 12 week strength day 3 tomorrow. Trying to make sure I’m doing the moves correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied
    You know what's worse than 3-0-3 squats? 5-3-0 squats for sets of 10 in the 12-week strength template. Holy cow. I guessed a bit lower weight than a previous 3-0-3 squat for a final warmup and promptly hit a 7 RPE.

I cursed Jordan's name last night. Then I finished the sets as programmed.

Leave a comment:

• Serack
    commented on 's reply
    Only during a hypertrophy block, because that's more of a body building technique than a strength training technique.

I jest. In my mind, tempo squats were one of the best tools to improve form in the competition squat. So in the spirit of maxamizing transferrence towards the competition squat, I'd say holding your breath is still important. Others have mentioned the utility of a metronome, and I also found using a metronome app on my phone to be necessary to maintain the tempo.

• MO916
    replied
    Is it okay to breathe in slowly on the way down then out slowly going up? Keeps my tempo on target.

Leave a comment:

• leGDE
    replied
    i use metronome set to 60bpm , aka 1 sec tick
    so it should clearly be 3 secs down and 3 up. surprisingly the 3 secs down are much harder than the up ones.

I dont agree on myo-rows. 3-0-3 squats are by far my much more feared exercise.

Leave a comment:

• XTanuki
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I spoke too soon. Doing strength now and ugh! Will log them as cardio

• ropable
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed: myoreps of Pendlay rows are the very, very worst.

• neandrewthal
    commented on 's reply
    Fuck that!

• wilo
    commented on 's reply
    Cheers -- I thought the Bridge pdf said "3-count", but now that I check it does, in fact, say quite clearly "3 seconds". Tried them for the first time today, and struggled with pacing. Especially coming as the last exercise in the week in the Bridge, I can see I'm gonna hate these

• MNNelson
    replied
    I don't think you need to be super precise here, between 60 and 80 bpm should be fine.

And yeah, I think the only thing from BBM that I hate more is Pendlay myo-reps!

Leave a comment:

• wilo
    replied
    Should I be looking for a full three seconds down and and a full three seconds up again? What tempo should I set my metronome app to?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X