Question regarding new templates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding new templates

for the new templates are you supposed to log every set including warm ups or only set with RPE 6 and above as prescribed for the day. Thanks!

You do not log warmups.

Comment

Ok. Do you do RPE 6? I know in the old templates it mentioned to not write anything less than a RPE 7. Is it the same here?

Comment

Depends. Is it a working set? Many times the backoff sets programmed will register @6. In that case you should log them.

Comment

The hypertrophy templates have some sets programmed @6, I'd log those. Basically anything written down in the prescribed volume I'd log.

Comment

Originally posted by PWard View Post
            Depends. Is it a working set? Many times the backoff sets programmed will register @6. In that case you should log them.
            Please allow me to piggyback on this topic and ask a similar question: for the backoff sets prescribed as percentage of E1RM after the 1@8 and 4@8 sets in some of the new templates, are you supposed to keep the RPE at a certain range, say @6 or @7, and log the RPEs? If RPEs for these backoff sets become @8 or @9 due to some funky individual reason (poor work capacity, limited rest time, etc.), are you supposed to further lower the weight, or does it not even matter what RPE these sets are?

Oh and how long are you supposed to rest between these backoff sets anyway? Program prescribes 4-5 mins on sets @7, so I'm guess if it feels like a below @7 set, you rest a little less?

Comment

• PWard
              PWard commented
              Editing a comment
              For percentage work you keep the load static. For rest times, anywhere from 3-5 minutes is ok. I personally do 3 minute rest periods on all working sets and it works out just fine.
          Working...
          X