X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatonka
    started a topic 7wk hypertrophy Question

7wk hypertrophy Question

Days 2 and 3 are both BP days this seem extreme, anyone swap days 1 and 2 around?

• PWard
    replied
    It's ok to auto-regulate your weight down. If you're benching in back to back days, or especially with 2 slots on the same day, you will most definitely have some accumulated fatigue that will bring your loads down a bit on the subsequent slots. When you crank the volume and frequency up is when you really start to see if you've been rating your RPE's accurately or not. If you feel you may have been under-rating, it's cool, just adjust. We all go through phases where we let our desire to add weight to the bar cloud our RPE judgment. I've done that myself more than I care to admit, haha. And remember that if you are sore or feel fatigued that you are still ok to train. Actually, training usually helps acutely.
    Last edited by PWard; 11-09-2018, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tatonka
    replied
    Originally posted by PWard View Post
    Yeah, this week I did 32 bench sets and 8 press sets, for a total of 40 sets of pressing. I also bench 4 days a week. My bench and press have been moving up faster than they have since I finished my LP a year and a half ago. The hypertrophy template is not extreme by any means. It is gainzZz is what it is. Do the program as written and let the gainzZz rain down from the heavens.
    Swapping the days is not going to change the weekly volume, but yeah ok . Maybe I'm going too heavy cos after day 2 im stuffed for another chest exercise straight after on day 3 ! Accessories or not

Leave a comment:

• PWard
    replied
    Yeah, this week I did 32 bench sets and 8 press sets, for a total of 40 sets of pressing. I also bench 4 days a week. My bench and press have been moving up faster than they have since I finished my LP a year and a half ago. The hypertrophy template is not extreme by any means. It is gainzZz is what it is. Do the program as written and let the gainzZz rain down from the heavens.
    Last edited by PWard; 11-09-2018, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• teddyd
    replied
    Nope. Day 1 has two competition lifts which will use up training resources. The first lift on day 2 is the competition bench, thus fresh for this movement. The latter bench myoreps and day 3 bench is all accessory work - volume for hypertrophic gains. Either way one will adapt.

Compare with 12 Week Strength where all competition lifts are done on day 1 (squat + press) and day 2 (deadlift + bench) with more accessory bench work sprinkled in I think on one of those days as well day 3 and day 4 having more bench accessory work. So lots of bench for lots of bench gains. And trainees adapt.

PWard on these forums has begun training with Leah one to one. In his log he states that Leah has him doing 30 sets of bench across the week. Pretty much every day he is benching (competition x 1 and the rest accessory benching). The volume on Hypertrophy v2 is low in comparison. edit: Having now had a quick look over Phil's log, he benches every training day and on one day does two bench movements.

I actually don’t do squat myorep stuff (squat increases easily for me) so I am doing 4 slots of benching right from the start of Hypertrophy 3 Day v2. I have adapted and am progressing.

Of course you can swap the days around and see how you go. It may work.
    Last edited by teddyd; 11-09-2018, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tatonka
    replied
    It makes more sense to me to swap days 1 and 2 around . To have the squats of day 1 to break up all that chest work. Just my view , was interested if anyone had swapped them as well.

Leave a comment:

• llaffin
    replied
    How is this extreme?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X