Template package incredibly difficult to understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template package incredibly difficult to understand

So my friend and I split on the package a while ago where you get all the templates included but i'm just opening it up now for the first time. It took me about 30 minutes just to figure out what the hell I was looking at (for the 12 week strength), it's not user friendly at all - at least not for dumb people like me. Now that I've figured out how to put together the workout for the day, I'm stumped as to how i'm supposed to log the workouts. I can't figure out for the life of me how to use the logs, am I supposed o use a new log number every week? Why do some logs have assistance exercises already written in and others don't?. Can someone give me a explain like i'm 5 tutorial on this?
    Last edited by Slightlyaboveaverage; 01-21-2019, 10:39 PM.

Read the section on logging in the intro tab. Use a new log tab per week. Plug in your own supplementary exercises as you go, I think they were just accidentally uploaded pre-filled. Plug in your press workouts under supplementary bench.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I don't think the master template bundle you bought has the newest versions of the templates. The new templates are completely redesigned and much more user friendly. Also programs like The Bridge and HLM have been quite significantly updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Squib View Post
      Read the section on logging in the intro tab. Use a new log tab per week. Plug in your own supplementary exercises as you go, I think they were just accidentally uploaded pre-filled. Plug in your press workouts under supplementary bench.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I don't think the master template bundle you bought has the newest versions of the templates. The new templates are completely redesigned and much more user friendly. Also programs like The Bridge and HLM have been quite significantly updated.
      What this person said, i found the 12wk template to be super easy to follow and understand. If you have the full package it is probably worth reaching out to see if they would supply the new one.

Comment

Damn that's too bad, I feel like that should probably be posted somewhere. Is it still worth running the 12 week strength that's in the master template bundle? I'm already half way through week 1. I did figure out how to set up the workouts after a while, but now I feel shitty about using a template they they deemed faulty enough to have to update.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightlyaboveaverage View Post
          Damn that's too bad, I feel like that should probably be posted somewhere. Is it still worth running the 12 week strength that's in the master template bundle? I'm already half way through week 1. I did figure out how to set up the workouts after a while, but now I feel shitty about using a template they they deemed faulty enough to have to update.
          Honestly it's 99% the same until Week 9, where it changes up quite considerably between the two versions. I had great results from the older 12 week strength program so it should be fine But like the other poster suggested, maybe consider emailing them and see if they can help you out with an updated copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightlyaboveaverage View Post

ABSOLUTELY still worth running...curious though, are you looking at the file on a computer or mobile device? I found that the computer version was much easier for me.

Good luck.

Comment

I purchased the master bundle too and there is a learning curve and some sloppiness but it ultimately makes sense.

I am a little frustrated it’s not updated versions though, I don’t understand why that’s not the case for $200.

Comment

Honestly it's 99% the same until Week 9, where it changes up quite considerably between the two versions. I had great results from the older 12 week strength program so it should be fine But like the other poster suggested, maybe consider emailing them and see if they can help you out with an updated copy.
                He could also just download one the free peaking template bundle and substitute one of those in for the last few weeks if he wanted to. But really, there is nothing wrong with 12WS 1.0's peaking block at all. I personally don't think it would be worth paying extra just to get the small programming updates in 2.0.

Now to the OP, if you really are that annoyed with the spreadsheets, the 2.0 spreadsheets are a bit better, so that might be worth the price of admission. But, spreadsheets are still spreadsheets, they are created more for function than for user experience. If you are not super familiar with using spreadsheets it might be a good thing to look up some free online tutorials. Spreadsheets can be a very powerful and versatile tool to have in your day to day life if you know how to use them.
                Last edited by PWard; 02-04-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X