What to sub in for deficit DLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to sub in for deficit DLs

Hey all... I'm at week 4 on the bridge 3.1. I was looking ahead and I see that the assistance pull switches to deficit DLs. I train at somewhat of a globogym. Their plates are wonky and won't provide a flat surface to stand on.

What supplementary pull would you recommend instead?

thanks

Paused deadlifts would probably be the go to as it is a movement focused on the bottom similiar to deficit deadlifts. If you really want to do deficits you could buy a sheet of inch plywood and cut it into two smaller squares and pull standing on those. I don't know if your gym would let you, however the golds I lift at probably would (they let us use chalk, its great).

Comment

The Bridge programs paused DLs for the first 5 weeks of training, then switches to deficits DL. So paused DLs wouldn't be optimal for the last 3 weeks.

Maybe I switch the pause to 2" off the floor rather than below the knee. something like that.

Comment

oh I pause my deadlifts as soon as I break the floor. So we are on the same track.

Comment

If you can get enough plates and have the room on the bar, you could use just use 35s instead of 45s. Or could you shim the wonky plates?

Comment

Working...
          X