Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerbuilding III or Strength III?

Hi fellow lifters,

Looking for a recommendation between purchasing and running Powerbuilding III or Strength III.
    Quick background:

35 yr old male; 12.5 stone
    6+ years lifting experience
    Can train 5-6 days per week.
    Prefer workouts that are more time-efficient/expedient. Ideally less than 2 hours.
    Just finished BBM Hypertrophy II.
    Not a competitive powerlifter, nor have any plans of competing.
    Want to gain some more mass, but also don’t want to neglect strength training.

Unsure whether to do the strength-specific programme to maximise strength, though may not be necessary if not competing; or if Powerbuilding III would be more suited to my goals, and a better time investment.

Any advice from someone who has experience of either or both, or advice from the admins would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm confident the recommendation would be Powerbuilding to align with your goals--the powerbuilding templates still have a lot of strength focused training in addition to hypertrophy work.

I've run strength III a couple of times and, depending on your rest periods, you COULD exceed 2 hours (if you take a bit to warm up and wait a full 5 minutes in between sets) on the really high volume days. At 3 minutes between sets you shouldn't have a problem completing it < 2 hours.

Comment

Working...
    X