Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking a masters... Is physiotherapy the right choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking a masters... Is physiotherapy the right choice?

Hey guys,

I was recommend to ask this question on this forum by somebody as I have been contemplating a MSc in physiotherapy after my current degree (nutrition). However, I have been told by two people that the profession (referring to the UK universities) is not teaching based on the current literature.

I began to consider this degree, due to my interest in lifing, bjj and other sports, and being around injuries I thought it would be a good profession to be in... But it wouldn't feel right for me to charge money for something I didn't believe in.

Are there other courses in rehabilitation such as sports therapy/Medicine that would be better suited, and is the profession in general up to date with literature?

After looking at the literature my self it is hard to tell what does and doesn't work. If anyone could point me to some good books and sources of treating/rehabilitation that would also be great.

Many thanks,

KC
    Last edited by Kinesiocoach; 02-14-2019, 07:38 PM.

So granted I do not live in England nor am I a physical therapist. I would suggest you can contact Adam Meakins and ask him for a more relevant answer.
    Another thing you could do is shadow a physiotherapist for a couple of weeks to see if that's what you really want to do because I know for sure that theres some medical careers that look really shiny on the surface but they'll decrease your life expectancy because of the stress.
    Books wise, Explain Pain Supercharged, Greg Lehman's free online book and i'll update this after my class if I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhruv4 View Post
      So granted I do not live in England nor am I a physical therapist. I would suggest you can contact Adam Meakins and ask him for a more relevant answer.
      Another thing you could do is shadow a physiotherapist for a couple of weeks to see if that's what you really want to do because I know for sure that theres some medical careers that look really shiny on the surface but they'll decrease your life expectancy because of the stress.
      Books wise, Explain Pain Supercharged, Greg Lehman's free online book and i'll update this after my class if I remember.
      Yeah, I have placement on my current degree next year so I will try my hardest to work in a clinic to get a feel for it. I will check those books out thanks for the advice man!

Comment

Working...
      X