No announcement yet.

Workout Tacking App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong is by far the best app on the market right now imo. It takes like 3 seconds to start a new workout, and even less time to log a set. It includes RPE now as well -- which means you can even track realtime "PRs." It's the only app that got me to stop using a physical log.

Comment

Originally posted by Serack View Post

Huh, I tried it a couple years ago, but was logging in like 3 different places at the time and fell off, plus it was a bit clunky doing it in the browser instead of an app. I'm getting a bit frustrated with my spreadsheets and I like Mike's work and would like to see my #'s contribute towards it.

Perhaps I will try his logger again.
      I tried it a year or so ago and stopped for the same reason. Now it is much better. I usually enter the sessions for the week ahead on my laptop and then pick it up on my phone in the gym. Seems to sync better than in the past. There is an auto save function as well, although can be sometimes a bit buggy but I believe may be related to strength of signal. Give it a crack.
      Log

Comment

From the RTS log can you export your data to like an excel sheet or something?

Comment

Yea I actually copied my workouts from the BBM template into RTS online, and work it from there. If you set up RTS correctly in terms of the competition lifts you can get some nice graphs, plus seeing the wall of green PRs is nice if you've earned them recently.

Comment

Check out the app "RepCount." It's simple and intuitive and has a "notes" section where I note RPEs and working e1RM. Here's a textcopy of a recent workout:

Aug 5, 2019

Squat
            285x1 [email protected] [email protected] 65%x5
            75%x5x2 85%x3x2
            305x1
            225x5
            255x5
            255x5
            290x3
            290x1

Bench Press
            210x1 [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
            89%x2x2 85%x3 1rm=260
            235x1
            240x1
            230x3 9
            230x2 89% of 260
            230x2

Feet up bench press
            165x6
            180x6
            190x6
            180x6

Pull Up

Logged using RepCount

Comment

I know this is a pretty old post, but give the StrongFriends App a try if you're training with RPE. It's out on Apple and Android and you don't have to screw around putting RPE in notes sections - it's built right in. It calculates working set weights based on a gauge set (e.g. [email protected]) based on working set reps and desired RPE. No ads either which is great. The monthly subscription gives you E1RM charts for the competition lifts (weightlifting and powerlifting) but I would train using the free or one-time payment version for a few months to accumulate data before you get the monthly paid version with analysis. You can track simple macros too (protein, carbs, fats, calories) if you want to. It also lets you build complete training programs/blocks from your created workouts so you can put entire programs into your calendar at once rather than individual workouts. And yes, you can move workouts from day to day easily if something comes up and your schedule changes. You can even share workouts or complete workout programs with other users directly! It's a pretty new app but I really like it!

Comment

Working...
              X