Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragonball852
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, the Strong app is pretty intuitive, however, you need to pay for the subscription if you didn't buy it before they made it subscription-based. I personally use Muscular Workout Log for iOS, you can try it out for free but after a certain number of workouts, you need to pay once (around 9 USD). Besides exercises with weights, I personally like mixing in some duration exercises (some with counting reps additionally) and Muscular has not only a rest timer but also a duration timer your can launch from the current set you are about to start.
    I personally don't track RPE but I will look into it.

• zkc27
    replied
    I know this is a pretty old post, but give the StrongFriends App a try if you're training with RPE. It's out on Apple and Android and you don't have to screw around putting RPE in notes sections - it's built right in. It calculates working set weights based on a gauge set (e.g. [email protected]) based on working set reps and desired RPE. No ads either which is great. The monthly subscription gives you E1RM charts for the competition lifts (weightlifting and powerlifting) but I would train using the free or one-time payment version for a few months to accumulate data before you get the monthly paid version with analysis. You can track simple macros too (protein, carbs, fats, calories) if you want to. It also lets you build complete training programs/blocks from your created workouts so you can put entire programs into your calendar at once rather than individual workouts. And yes, you can move workouts from day to day easily if something comes up and your schedule changes. You can even share workouts or complete workout programs with other users directly! It's a pretty new app but I really like it!

Leave a comment:

• Ligurio
    replied
    Check out the app "RepCount." It's simple and intuitive and has a "notes" section where I note RPEs and working e1RM. Here's a textcopy of a recent workout:

Aug 5, 2019

Squat
    285x1 [email protected] [email protected] 65%x5
    75%x5x2 85%x3x2
    305x1
    225x5
    255x5
    255x5
    290x3
    290x1

Bench Press
    210x1 [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    89%x2x2 85%x3 1rm=260
    235x1
    240x1
    230x3 9
    230x2 89% of 260
    230x2

Feet up bench press
    165x6
    180x6
    190x6
    180x6

Pull Up

Logged using RepCount

Leave a comment:

• LeonSquatsky
    replied
    Yea I actually copied my workouts from the BBM template into RTS online, and work it from there. If you set up RTS correctly in terms of the competition lifts you can get some nice graphs, plus seeing the wall of green PRs is nice if you've earned them recently.

Leave a comment:

• BoruzsRobin
    replied
    From the RTS log can you export your data to like an excel sheet or something?

Leave a comment:

• teddyd
    replied
    Originally posted by Serack View Post

Huh, I tried it a couple years ago, but was logging in like 3 different places at the time and fell off, plus it was a bit clunky doing it in the browser instead of an app. I'm getting a bit frustrated with my spreadsheets and I like Mike's work and would like to see my #'s contribute towards it.

Perhaps I will try his logger again.
    I tried it a year or so ago and stopped for the same reason. Now it is much better. I usually enter the sessions for the week ahead on my laptop and then pick it up on my phone in the gym. Seems to sync better than in the past. There is an auto save function as well, although can be sometimes a bit buggy but I believe may be related to strength of signal. Give it a crack.

Leave a comment:

• FredM
    replied
    Strong is by far the best app on the market right now imo. It takes like 3 seconds to start a new workout, and even less time to log a set. It includes RPE now as well -- which means you can even track realtime "PRs." It's the only app that got me to stop using a physical log.

Leave a comment:

• Serack
    replied
    Originally posted by teddyd View Post
    I started using the RTS training log online. They made a couple of tweaks to it so it is easier to use on mobile. Pretty happy with it.
    Huh, I tried it a couple years ago, but was logging in like 3 different places at the time and fell off, plus it was a bit clunky doing it in the browser instead of an app. I'm getting a bit frustrated with my spreadsheets and I like Mike's work and would like to see my #'s contribute towards it.

Perhaps I will try his logger again.

Leave a comment:

• teddyd
    replied
    I started using the RTS training log online. They made a couple of tweaks to it so it is easier to use on mobile. Pretty happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• gmorf33
    replied
    FitNotes seems to work pretty well too. It allows you to comment on every set, so i record my RPE and any other comment i might want there. It also allows a session comment, which i use to document session RPE and any extra notes about the session. You can share the workout which produces a formatted text dump to whatever application you want, or you can export to CSV. There's a setting so it automatically backs up to your google drive as well which i find a nice piece of mind feature.
    It has lots of built in charts and graphs and PR tracking for various rep ranges. So far i've been really happy with it.

It would be nice if they incorporated an RPE calculator along w/ target RPE field, but i think that's pretty rare in general workout app, considering it's fairly niche outside of powerlifting which is fairly niche in the fitness world
    Last edited by gmorf33; 07-24-2019, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JamesT
    commented on 's reply
    I use the app on iPhone, so it is possible that the feature hasn't been added to the android version. There is a button in the keyboard labelled "RPE."

• Jamie
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesT View Post
    The Strong app has added the ability to record RPE, and it also allows you to export your information.
    I dint see anything for RPE. Are you on android?

I'm android and app is up to date

Leave a comment:

• Serack
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesT View Post
    The Strong app has added the ability to record RPE, and it also allows you to export your information.
    Thanks for the heads up, I’ll take a look at it

Leave a comment:

• DkMetz
    replied
    I've found a format this year that works great for me. I use a paper notebook and a mechanical pencil. I write out my weeks workouts ahead of time and write my actual work during my gym time.
    Also never have to worry about losing power!

Leave a comment:

• barnlifter
    replied
    Very helpful, thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X