Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlift Form Check Please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMaw...ature=youtu.be

I know from the front isn't the best perspective, sorry.

Have you watched videos on the 5 - step pull? If not, here's one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYREQkVtvEc Generally, try to follow that precisely, being deliberate about each step. You aren't really squeezing into extension before the pull, but the video should clear that up.

Aside from the non-ideal angle, though, I see two more specific things than "watch the video".

Your stance and hand position are both wide, which is going to force you to pull over a longer ROM. Try bringing your stance in by a few inches and your grip in a couple inches, and point your feet out wider, about 30 degrees. Ideally, your arms will be hanging straight down - notice how now your hands are well outside your shoulders. Think "long arms" during the setup. When getting "squeezed" before the pull (in video), shove your knees out into your elbows. Following the video and doing those steps should make your deadlift tighter and over a shorter ROM.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for the tips! I have watched the video, but was beginning to feel sloppy so could probably use a refresher watch or two. Shorter ROM sounds like I could be leaving some weight on the floor, we don't want that!

Comment

Originally posted by Fosterions View Post
        Thank you for the tips! I have watched the video, but was beginning to feel sloppy so could probably use a refresher watch or two. Shorter ROM sounds like I could be leaving some weight on the floor, we don't want that!
        Good luck! I know you were aware of this, so not trying to be "that guy", but maybe post another set soon but from a better critique angle - I think you'll get more helpful feedback that way.

Comment

Working...
        X