Pop goes the back while deadlifting...now it happens to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop goes the back while deadlifting...now it happens to me

Yesterday, I was doing deadlifts on day 3, week 5 Hypertrophy Templet. Warmed up and did my first work set of [email protected] and it didn't feel great. Then I stupidly went to my [email protected] which was a 47lb jump. The bar got off the ground and as I kept pulling...pop goes the back. I immediately drop the bar and now here comes the pain. Laying down is the only way to get relief. Putting on socks is damn near impossible. I had to take off of work because sitting behind a desk all day was going to be miserable. I am trying to walk and move around as much as I can tolerate. Trying not to freak out is hard when your in the middle of this. Now what?

It sounds like you've already heard and are familiar with our instructions in this situation.

I realize it's hard not to freak out. But you have to.

Movement. NSAIDs. Pay it less attention. Worsening pain with movement does not mean you're doing damage. Keep moving. Repeat.
    IG / YT

Comment

Thank you Austin. I forced myself to walk for 30 minutes yesterday and have been on NSAIDs. By the end of the day it eased up a little. Today is miserable so far. Sitting in this desk chair at work is painful. Quite hard to concentrate actually. When this heals I can only imagine the mental battle it is going to take to pull heavy again. I can't help wonder why this happened and how to prevent it from happening again.

Comment

100% this...

Comment

Happened to me a week ago(debilitating pain) and I'm fine now. right after it happened, I finished my upper body workout. Next day I went to the gym, streched, foam roller then I deadlifted and sqauted super light and went home. Stayed on program for Monday with deload numbers, and my numbers are going up quick and I feel great.
          I watched Alan's video and followed it

Comment

Yea, I'm trying. I have squats and DL up to 98 lbs and I will increase again today. Upper body lifts are mostly unaffected except actually getting up off the bench haha. The pain is subsiding somewhat but still constant. This totally sucks and I know it's going to be a mental hurdle.

Comment

Working...
            X