Conditioning RPE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditioning RPE?

I'm running the Bridge 3.0 never running a BBM template previously, and I'm trying to figure out the guidelines for conditioning. I'm supposed work at a particular RPE for my conditioning. Can anyone point me to the latest guidelines for conditioning and RPE from the coaches? There is no explanation in the template.

For low intensity steady state target about 65-70% of your max heart rate (220-Age is max heart rate). For HIIT go all out.

Comment

• PWard
      PWard commented
      Editing a comment
      Most machines you would use for LISS have a heart rate monitor on them. If all don't, pick one that does to start with so you can get familiar with what that range feels like. It's probably easier than you would expect it to be.

• reygunz
      reygunz commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw that the rogue echo bikes at my gym had a display for heart rate, but I didn’t see any device to wear. Am I missing something?

• PWard
      PWard commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never used that particular model, but usually it's not something you wear it's generally a medal sensor that you grip with your hands. If your gym doesn't have any treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, rowers, etc that have a heart rate monitor I would just try to keep at a pace that's reasonably comfortable. You should be just breaking a sweat and starting to breathe a little heavy, but LISS should not be difficult or challenging. It's more boring than anything.
Working...
X