Rack Pulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack Pulls

I have just getting round to handling some Rack Pulls on The Bridge. My question is, are we suppose to be stronger in the Rack Pull than the Conventional Deadlift? I am nowhere near as strong going off todays performance. My 1rm Deadlift is 165kg and today I worked upto 100kg for 7reps @8. My lower back was super pumped and I very much doubt I'd get much more on the bar for a Rack Pull. I see people saying stuff like they pull way more via Rack than Deadlift. Is this just an individual thing. I will add that I have not yet had much practice coming from SSNLP and only doing Deadlifts or Rows for pulling exercises.

Originally posted by tate1981 View Post
    I have just getting round to handling some Rack Pulls on The Bridge. My question is, are we suppose to be stronger in the Rack Pull than the Conventional Deadlift? I am nowhere near as strong going off todays performance. My 1rm Deadlift is 165kg and today I worked upto 100kg for 7reps @8. My lower back was super pumped and I very much doubt I'd get much more on the bar for a Rack Pull. I see people saying stuff like they pull way more via Rack than Deadlift. Is this just an individual thing. I will add that I have not yet had much practice coming from SSNLP and only doing Deadlifts or Rows for pulling exercises.
    I believe this is an individual thing...some people really struggle with rack/block pulls, while others can move more weight than their comp deadlift. Also consider that if it is a new variation for you, maybe you just need some more practice.

Comment

The rack pull is used to increase the overall volume for the deadlift as it is an "accessory or supplemental" if you will movement to the deadlift that contributes to hypertropy and getting practicing the movement in a specified range of motion. The goal isnt to be able to rack pull more than conv deadlift although it is completely normal if you can because remember, it is a partial range of motion. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X