Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Prep

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Military Prep

    a few months back I asked on the forum what I should do to prep for my basic training. I was pointed in the direction of the Endurance temp which I am currently running. I am quite happy with it be it that I am getting a sufficient amount of cardio in while also lifting relatively heavy.

    I would love to be able to run the program an additional time but I feel like it would not be beneficial rather I'm thinking about starting the Bridge 3.0. however, the down side to that would be that my cardio would be limited to 2 days. which would falter progress for cardio. ultimately I would like some advice on where to go from here.

    thanks.

  • #2
    I would actually submit the question to the barbell medicine folks in the moderated threads, but it seems like an easy solution...Just add another day of cardio in there. I am not familiar with the Bridge 3.0 program so I am not sure what day would be best to add the extra day of cardio.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fractured55 View Post
      a few months back I asked on the forum what I should do to prep for my basic training. I was pointed in the direction of the Endurance temp which I am currently running. I am quite happy with it be it that I am getting a sufficient amount of cardio in while also lifting relatively heavy.

      I would love to be able to run the program an additional time but I feel like it would not be beneficial rather I'm thinking about starting the Bridge 3.0. however, the down side to that would be that my cardio would be limited to 2 days. which would falter progress for cardio. ultimately I would like some advice on where to go from here.

      thanks.
      If you are enjoying your current training and you are seeing good gains, why not run it again?

      Comment


      • #4
        Just want to add here:
        have you actually run a PFT or the applicable test?

        You *might* be in a position where you can drop to 2x a week and not really lose anything if your score is high enough. All of that information about what "good enough" would constitute for your service test is widely available. Compare yourself to that and go from there, programming wise.

        For example - if your run still isn't acceptable, well, there you go. Forget the Bridge and focus on the run. On the other hand if you're maxing out all of the tests, doing the bridge will probably not interfere with getting a great score on your run.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by briangoldstein View Post
          Just want to add here:
          have you actually run a PFT or the applicable test?

          You *might* be in a position where you can drop to 2x a week and not really lose anything if your score is high enough. All of that information about what "good enough" would constitute for your service test is widely available. Compare yourself to that and go from there, programming wise.

          For example - if your run still isn't acceptable, well, there you go. Forget the Bridge and focus on the run. On the other hand if you're maxing out all of the tests, doing the bridge will probably not interfere with getting a great score on your run.
          I'm not American. our testing is going to be based on the FORCE evaluation test. its sorta similar to USMC fitness test. but does differ. there isn't any set time required for any long distance runs. but there is a 80m shuttle run. along with a loaded shuttle. all to be completed in there respectable times.

          I was hoping to get some sorta assistance on the program choice post template because I feel like the running I'm doing now is contributing to my overall preparedness. the amount of running I'll be doing during PT and field exercises doesn't really translate well to the HIIT or 35 minute jogging that I'd probably be doing during the other templates.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rubendanger View Post

            If you are enjoying your current training and you are seeing good gains, why not run it again?
            the template suggest not to but if you've ran it twice with no issue I don't see why I couldn't.

            Comment

            Working...
            X