Bursting blood vessels (?) around eye during training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bursting blood vessels (?) around eye during training

For the most several months after I squat or deadlift I have what I think is bursted blood vessels around my eyes (eyelid, etc - not on my eye) after training. It used to be somewhat infrequent but lately it is happening much more frequently and severely. It looks like I am fresh out of a boxing match today.

Do you have any insight into what may be causing this and any suggestions to help reduce frequency and severity?
    Last edited by Gsmith0728; 06-12-2019, 12:34 AM.

When I used to grind out fahves this was common for me after squatting. I’d get a red mask like blotchy sunburn on my face. Very noticeable and embarrassing and would last for 2 days.

So for me it was an indication of an @10ish set. Which I’ve come to learn is a suboptimal intensity to train at, and as a result I don’t regularly do them any more. I'd make sure you’re not losing your valsalva and then reduce the intensity.

Comment

Thanks.. but I haven’t hit an @ 10 set in a long time. Happens even when the highest rpe for the session is 8.

Comment

I'd post this on the moderated forums. I have never had that happen to me (from lifting). It happens to me randomly every 3 or 4 years but its not lifting or exercise, I think I usually just wake up with it, but its been so long I don't remember.

Comment

Working...
        X