Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jg_peco
    replied
    Thank you, guys! Really helped me, I got the answer some minutes before I went to the gym yesterday!! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Serack
    replied
    kenwells covered the question pretty well. I'd run the bridge a couple times which consistently has single sets going up in RPE until you get to the top multiple sets at RPE @8 or @9. It became such a groove for me that now that I'm running the legacy hypertrophy template, which has some days with multiple sets @7 and then @8, I've had several days where I accidentally only did one set @7, then added weight to the bar, did the next set, and then realized, oh wait, I was supposed to do another set @7.

Leave a comment:

• kenwells
    replied
    In this case, the [email protected] and [email protected] can be considered almost as warm up sets. the x 2 or x3 only applies to the last set in the list
    eg:
    5 @ 6, 5 @ 7 and 5 @ 8 x 2 sets means
    1) [email protected]
    2) [email protected]
    3) [email protected]
    4) [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• jg_peco
    started a topic Question about The Bridge Sets

Question about The Bridge Sets

Hello everyone, how are you doing?
    This is my first post here in Barbell Medicine, I hope I'm not posting anything agains the rules, and I'm glad to meet you all! Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.

So, I have a question about the program in The Bridge. I've been doing StrongLifts for a couple of months and I think now I'm ready to switch to a more complex program, and I found out with Alan Thrall videos that this program would be a good match for my goals at the moment.

In the program, there are some sets that are multiplied in the end, like Bench 5 @ 6, 5 @ 7 and 5 @ 8 x 2 sets. How would be the correct order to do it?

Should I do 1 set of 5 @ 6, 5 @ 7 and 5 @ 8, and then another one starting from the RPE 6 again, or should I double the sets, like 2 x 5 @ 6, then 2 x 5 @ 7 and, finally, 2 x 5 @ 8?
    Also, the resting periods for this multiple sets should always be 3-5 minutes between each set? It seems like it would take a lot of time in that way hehehe

Here is a screenshot of one of the days of the program, for reference:

Working...
X