Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squat form check

Howdy Everyone,

Finishing up Bridge 1.0 this week after SSLP. Getting into weights heavier than I've ever handled (a good thing!), and I wanted to see what yall thought of my form.

Two things I think I see:
    1) Bit of good morning coming out of the bottom. I think I need to focus on sitting back a bit more at the bottom. This used to be worse, but pin squats helped clean it up some.
    2) Because of item 1, my knees slid back a little coming out of the bottom.

Unfortunately, I have to walk out the wrong direction because of the pull up bar. Also, does this look like a RPE8?

Thanks for the time!
    Last edited by cizer; 11-04-2019, 05:05 PM.

Squat looks fine to me mate, certainly nothing glaring that would stop you from continuing to put weight on the bar - some slight change in back angle is fine coming out of the hole.

Maybe get some squat shoes, as the ones you're wearing don't look like they have a heel on

Comment

• Brew_Strong
      Brew_Strong commented
      Editing a comment
      He’s wearing Position R3s, which are weightlifting shoes. They have a 0.5” heel as opposed to the standard 0.75”.

Yeah your squat looks fine, good depth and the squat morning you are talking about is really slight. As far as RPE goes, 8 seems reasonable. I would always trust your judgement of RPE more than other people's since we are just guessing based on how hard it looked and don't know how "grindy" of a lifter you may or may not be.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Happy to know form is okay. Onwards and upwards to new GPP Hypertrophy template.

Comment

Working...
      X